My 87 white mits build

A place to post a build thread for your 2nd Gen truck.
(1987-1996)
Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

Re: My 87 white mits build

Postby laidoutmits » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:06 pm

Then I got the cool idea to pull the bed off and be able to clean the back frame.

Check out the pile of parts that came off the front end and engine bay
laidoutmits

Engine Size: 2.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Postby futat2 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:15 pm

looks good, someday i can pull my truck apart and make it look wright. on a side note, dont lean your pile of parts on the Flag, I fight for it evryday and it deserves more respect then that.
futat2
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.4
What year vehicle do you own?: 1990

Postby Johnboy72 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:13 am

futat2 wrote:looks good, someday i can pull my truck apart and make it look wright. on a side note, dont lean your pile of parts on the Flag, I fight for it evryday and it deserves more respect then that.

Really? Relax man. It's not like he's burning it or some other sort of disrespect! Now back to topic!
Johnboy72
VIP
VIP

Postby futat2 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:22 pm

Johnboy72 wrote:
futat2 wrote:looks good, someday i can pull my truck apart and make it look wright. on a side note, dont lean your pile of parts on the Flag, I fight for it evryday and it deserves more respect then that.

Really? Relax man. It's not like he's burning it or some other sort of disrespect! Now back to topic!

Im not trying to piss on your parade, burrning the flag is not the only form of disrespect. now if it was a wall painting or t shirt or something thats no big deal, however you whent throu the trouble of hanging a real flag so it must mean something. just alitle insight on the proper respect, if the flag becomes riped, soild (dirty), or faded, it should be turned in to a vfw or military instalation to be burned ceromoniasly witch avoids being put in the trash. Yes i am sensitive about it over the last 11 years ive seen people die for it, ive been shoot at for it, and widows handed it.
to be back on topic as you requested your truck is looking good.
futat2
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.4
What year vehicle do you own?: 1990

Postby Johnboy72 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:51 pm

PM Sent. Back on topic, want to see the pics of this thing getting cut the hell up!
Johnboy72
VIP
VIP

Postby laidoutmits » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:10 pm

I will continue with the post but I'll take my moment of of topic to say thanks to all that have and do serve ( my brother current and two club members who have and are on reserve) THANKS!!!! I apologize about the flag being leaned on, but I saved this one from work after the pole and just couldn't dispose of it and hung it in the largest open area I had to display and give it the respect it deserved.
laidoutmits

Postby Johnboy72 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:40 pm

Hey man, what truck is that in your avatar? A previous build? Back to the pics man....get off your ass.
Johnboy72
VIP
VIP

Postby laidoutmits » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:47 am

I have 4 mits: my avatar was my first 89, had about 15 yrs now and still a work in progress; my second 87 the white one was my daily until this; my third 89 is a blue one that Ive had bout 2 yrs and have now given it the wheels and suspension from the white and its my daily now; and my fourth 93 micro cab still to be fixed but have a fresh short block ready to drop in but I'm running short on project time. Go figure!!!
laidoutmits

Postby laidoutmits » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:12 am

Well after I got back in to cleaning the engine area I got fustrated because I could'nt get down around the frame and cab mounts to clean. bing an idea. So I stopped and built a couple of cart's like this
So with the carts built I than put the bed on one so I could get it off the saw horses and be able to move it around the garage. And with the second one.........wait for it .......wait for it ............wait..........yep that's right I'm ganna pull the cab of and put it on a cart!!!!!!! Crazy Idea!!!! at least it seemed like it to me but I pulled the seat out and a couple of other odds and ends, unbolted it and began to jack it up. So after about 6 hours of goin front to back 2-3 inches at a time this is were I got to ( keep in mind I did this all on my own with no spotter / I'm a dumb ass but self reliant)
now that I got it high enough I set the saw horses up to suport the cab while I rolled the frame out from under it and the roll the cart under so the cab could be lowered down on it
laidoutmits

Postby laidoutmits » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:18 am

There is actualy a piece of 2x2 angle in there cause the 2x4 needed a little help
laidoutmits

PreviousNext

Return to 2nd Generation