My 87 white mits build

A place to post a build thread for your 2nd Gen truck.
(1987-1996)
Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

My 87 white mits build

Postby laidoutmits » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:00 pm

ok So I am thinkin of startn a thread build for a 87 I've been workin on for bout 1 1/2 yrs. and want to know? Do you guys/girls want a thread full of pics showing not just the changes but 5-10 pics worth of description with some words( So u see how I do everything) or do you just want a general idea of what I'm doin without the how-to ? Any help would be appreciated before I get started.*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************Thanks for the input this is now my build thread *************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Last edited by laidoutmits on Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
laidoutmits

Engine Size: 2.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Re: Just a POLE on info givin during thread builds

Postby pennyman1 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:20 pm

We need the how you did it threads - we lost a lot when the other site was infected and died. You did mean poll? :mrgreen: :D :?:
Pennyman1
Living the D-50 life since 1980
The best Dodge that Dodge never made
pennyman1
VIP
VIP

Postby laidoutmits » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:45 pm

yes. thanks, I'm rely curios before I start so thanks for the help! Any body else, I know there are a lot of opions on here, so here's you chance.
laidoutmits

Postby Johnboy72 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:08 am

I like both. But sometimes pictures just don't do justice and need a description. Like for instance did the builder cut his cups to 2" or 2.5"...know what I mean? The thing I hate is when someone's build thread gets overwhelmed by repeat questions or stuff like that.
Johnboy72
VIP
VIP

Postby TurboMax » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:35 am

Pics with enough desription should suffice. Details on custom stuff maybe helpful to other members. too. The more info we can add to the site the better.
TurboMax

Engine Size: 2.6T

Postby wrngwae » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:47 am

im on here pretty much every day so if you start a thread and want some off the wall questions removed just P.M. me and i will re move them as to not clutter up your build thread. im with johnboy i hate a cluttered thread with repeat questions and silly neub questions. hope this helps.
!!!!Real Trucks Don't Need Spark Plugs!!!!
or Chinese parts!!!!
764  768 
wrngwae
Super Mod
Super Mod

Engine Size: 2.3
What year vehicle do you own?: 1987

Postby Spikey1566 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:19 pm

def how tos... some of us have never done a build and may need help.... yes i mean me.. pics are great but to see something finished im just like howd they do that
Spikey1566

Postby laidoutmits » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:48 pm

Sounds good to me. I'll start postin pics but here's the run down. 87 mits bought bout 5 yrs ago rebuilt the motor (hone,rings,bearing,gaskets) drove it for a few years and didn't even wash it. Feb 08 bought some 18's gave it a 3-5 static drop, new chrome face and lights and washed it and polis/waxed it. drove it for a year then decide I was goin to pull the motor out just to give it a few new gasket to stop some pesky oil leaks. Well as you all now it all starts with a simple thought!!!!
stock on the left
Last edited by laidoutmits on Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laidoutmits

Postby laidoutmits » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:37 pm

Well with the motor out I loaded it and the truck on the trailor and off to the car wash for a good engine bay scrubing/ cleaning. While I was there the plan began to change and develop so I stopped by my buddy Jacks house on the way home and set it up for him to do the body work so the whole truck, engine bay and all get a fresh paint job since the motor won't leak any more(fingers crossed).
laidoutmits

Re: My 87 white mits build

Postby laidoutmits » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:50 pm

So with the motor out and everything pressure washed I then scrubed the hole engine bay with comet and a green scruby just to get everything Spic an Span
By then Jack had made it buy and started the body work( witch is still all the body work he's done to this day haha)
laidoutmits

Next

Return to 2nd Generation