92 "Widowmaker"

A place to post a build thread for your 2nd Gen truck.
(1987-1996)
Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

92 "Widowmaker"

Postby In2Deep » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:14 pm

ok guys. for the ones of you that know me, im back. and the ones that dont. nice to meet to. im finally startin a build thread for my pos. if i can get this job im trytin for im gonna get started on the truck after christmas. me and the freaks are ready to tear into it. ill got a couple pics of how it looks now for the ones who havent seen it. so here it goes.

92 Mighty Max
2.4 (needs rebuilding)
3 or 4" in front, 4" in rear (nowhere near enough)

so here are my plans....

- motor work
-getting it running is my first concern right now. ive got a couple options with this. i could either rebuild the 2.4 or get a 302 (also needs rebuilding) from my buddy. only problem i see with it is he has an auto tranny for it. not a big fan of gettin rid of my 5-speed unless i put the shifter on the floor. i figure since i have to rebuild a motor either way i should throw a big one in it. also, if i do the 302, im gonna get rid of the heater and ac and clean up the engine bay as much as possible. so any opinions on whether i should do the swap would be a ppreciated.

-suspension
-not sure what im gonna do with the suspension yet. eventually we are gonna build a complete new frame for it and maybe bd it, but i wanna get it bagged right now and take to to some shows. havent decided if i wanna go ahead and do the back half now or just use the stock frame. im gonna get with my frame guy and see what we can come up with. he builds some pretty nasty frames. ill throw up a few videos of his frames. also not sure what im gonna do with the front.

-bodywork
-doesnt need much body work since i just painted the front half a couple years ago. all it needs is the bed work so i gotta find a bed in better condition. and a new tailgate that doesnt have rust holes in it. and come up with some ideas for paint and shave all the handles and the bed.
-also, i have a idea for some taillights. the lights off the 2010 mustangs look pretty awesome so im thinking i might try em. if anyone cold photo shop me a couple pics of them that would be great.

-interior
-i gotta finish the interior. finish my fiberglass doorpanels i started. find some new seats. new carpet and headliner. and paint my new dash and put it in.

-not sure where im gonna go with the wheels since mine dont tuck enough. thinkin about doin the 5-lug swap so ill have more options

cant think of anything else right now. im really hoping ill get to get started on it very soon. id like to take to to layd out in the park in april.

comments? concerns? opinions?
-Mikey-
In2Deep

Re: 92 "Widowmaker"

Postby 4doorciv » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:10 pm

Long time no see. Great plans for the truck, although the 2010 mustang tails I'm not too sure. They're cool for the light show but not a big fan. I see em all the time, I guess that's why. I do like the new camaro tail lights though. IMO, but looks like all the other trucks built years ago cause they resemble the corvette tails everyone used to put in a roll pan.
-Ryan-
1989 mighty max 4g63 turbo. -down-
1995 Eagle talon tsi awd. -daily-
1992 Honda civic b18c1. -sold-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Postby In2Deep » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:59 pm

yeah i havent quite decided with em. darrin gave me an idea about paintin the part of the the lens inbetween the lights. i thought gettin them as flush as possible and painting that portion to match the truck so it looks like 3 separate lights on each side
-Mikey-
In2Deep

Postby 4doorciv » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:42 pm

Sounds okay, although the lights aren't flat, they got a weird angle on em so they'll poke out a bit and you'll have to modify the bed to make em match your bodylines. Just a heads up on the lenses.
-Ryan-
1989 mighty max 4g63 turbo. -down-
1995 Eagle talon tsi awd. -daily-
1992 Honda civic b18c1. -sold-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Return to 2nd Generation