My 1992 Mitsu Restoration

A place to post a build thread for your 2nd Gen truck.
(1987-1996)
Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

My 1992 Mitsu Restoration

Postby FordTruckMan » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:27 am

I'm just gonna go ahead and call this a restoration since I'm doing this rebuild using all factory parts. None of these parts were found on my truck but I'm gonna upgrade it accordingly. When I got this truck it had no motor, a shot trans and has alot of rust. Black everything, shot bench seat and in need of alot of stuff.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us/img]Money Cant buy you happiness, but it sure as hell can buy you plenty of things to make you happy.
FordTruckMan

Engine Size: 2.4
What year vehicle do you own?: 1992

Re: My 1992 Mitsu Restoration

Postby FordTruckMan » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:32 am

Here it ishttp://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi ... 87&theater maybe it will work right this time. Chrome wheels took me 5 months to find a complete set, not on truck yet just kind of leaning on it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us/img]Money Cant buy you happiness, but it sure as hell can buy you plenty of things to make you happy.
FordTruckMan

Postby FordTruckMan » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:33 am

Someone let me know if that worked right, I dont think it did, my computer wont bring me to it. Fail

FordTruckMan

Postby pennyman1 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:07 pm

It says you have unknown format content on your site - try to reload the page.
Pennyman1
Living the D-50 life since 1980
The best Dodge that Dodge never made
pennyman1
VIP
VIP

Postby 4doorciv » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:29 pm

You can upload to imageshack or photobucket. Then link to there. I don't got a facebook or myspace.
-Ryan-
1989 mighty max 4g63 turbo. -down-
1995 Eagle talon tsi awd. -daily-
1992 Honda civic b18c1. -sold-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Postby FordTruckMan » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:38 am

Here is my truck with the stock chrome 14's. It took me 5 months to be able to piece together a complete set.
[img][/img[IMG]http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/6636/mitsubishiproject1.th.jpg[/img]

Here is my interior. I swapped in stock mitsu bucket seats and a center console from a dodge durango.
[img][IMG]http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9724/mitsubishiproject3.th.jpg[/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us/img]

Here you can see I have painted the pieces of my dash that were black. If its black it has been taken out and painted up in aluminum.

[img][IMG]http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2056/mitsudash3.th.jpg[/img]

[img][IMG]http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/876/mightymaxdash.th.jpg[/img]

Here you can see I have swapped on an original bumper cover that was in good shape, I have added the chrome grill, and chrome corner lights. I have aftermarket clear headlights in the house waiting to go onto it.

[imgImage

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Basically my goal with this truck is to build it as if it were a fully loaded truck from the factory using hard to find oem parts. I plan on modifying it some but not too much as it will be my daily. My F150 is my playtoy.

FordTruckMan

Postby 4doorciv » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:17 pm

FordTruckMan wrote:Here is my truck with the stock chrome 14's. It took me 5 months to be able to piece together a complete set.
ImageImage

Here is my interior. I swapped in stock mitsu bucket seats and a center console from a dodge durango.
ImageImage

Here you can see I have painted the pieces of my dash that were black. If its black it has been taken out and painted up in aluminum.

ImageImage

ImageImage

Here you can see I have swapped on an original bumper cover that was in good shape, I have added the chrome grill, and chrome corner lights. I have aftermarket clear headlights in the house waiting to go onto it.

Image Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Basically my goal with this truck is to build it as if it were a fully loaded truck from the factory using hard to find oem parts. I plan on modifying it some but not too much as it will be my daily. My F150 is my playtoy.

fixed, I think.
-Ryan-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Postby FordTruckMan » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:26 pm

Thanks for fixing it 4door. whatever it was you did tell me lol.

FordTruckMan

Postby 4doorciv » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:25 pm

[img]***[/img]
Replace the 3 * with the path or the picture. Yours was a little wierd cause it had a url code in it too. With my photobucket account, there is a share section with like 4 different lines of code. I would just click on the html line of code and my browser would copy the line of text for me and all I would have to do is paste it in the reply box. Youll see it if you quote my post with your pictures.
-Ryan-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Return to 2nd Generation