1989 2.0L

A place to post a build thread for your 2nd Gen truck.
(1987-1996)
Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

Re: 1989 2.0L

Postby LethalEthan » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:45 am

great pictures as always! so you decided not to use the camper top?

LethalEthan
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.3L

Postby JRSJ » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:58 pm

LethalEthan wrote:great pictures as always! so you decided not to use the camper top?

I ended up selling the camper top to a neighbor for $200, not bad considering I put 30 dollars (+time) into making it look good. The lock box is way better for my use (I have expensive camera gear and a canopy doesn't really provide the protection I require.) However, I did buy a canopy with a ladder rack for the occasions I would require it -- but I'm contemplating selling it too. (Maybe to help fund a Weber?)

I finally put my timing belt / tension pulleys in, though I noticed that I've been getting a rubbing noise when the engine warms up. It only happens when I rev 25-50 RPM over idle speed. Double checked my tensions and sprockets, nothing wrong in that department. I think the belt I got was not the best -- I'll run it for a week and if it doesn't "break-in" I'll replace it.

Mostly minor things for this round. Trying to get geared for the summer and the eventual body work/paint. I ended up taking a rubber mallet to my driver side door and pounded out most of the dents -- definite improvement. I also took the front grill off, and unbolted... ripped my valance panel off. The bastard was seized on so bad that I broke the bolts and tore it off. I'll drill out the broken bolt stems and attach a new panel with stainless hardware when the time comes. I'm also repainting my Ram 50 grille badge -- I'll have a post on how it turns out in the next few days.

Finally, as for headers. I don't really have the skill to weld my own -- its a whole science in itself that I'd rather trust to a shop. If I can't get my hands on some aftermarket twin headers, then I'll probably bite the bullet and get one fab'd up. All in all its been a pretty good weekend. (Despite the torrential rainfall that just hit us.)

Naked Ram50.

Pretty smooth... for being bashed with a mallet...

2nd Gen Valance Panel...$50 :lol: :shhh:

Updates of the badge soon.
JRSJ
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Postby camoit » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:57 pm

As of today this is the most looked at topic. With 13% of the clicks out of the hole site. But people only stay on the page for an average of 53 seconds. Compaired to the turbo section where people are reading for an advrage of 19 minutes. But it only recives 7.6% of the clicks. I just thought I might throw this in here you you.
Here is my BUILD THREAD.
Live Class 6 off road race truck build. CLICK HERE FOR FEED.

http://www.onsiteconcrete.net
camoit
Admin
Admin

Engine Size: 2.6L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1980

Postby JRSJ » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:10 pm

camoit wrote:As of today this is the most looked at topic. With 13% of the clicks out of the hole site. But people only stay on the page for an average of 53 seconds. Compaired to the turbo section where people are reading for an advrage of 19 minutes. But it only recives 7.6% of the clicks. I just thought I might throw this in here you you.

All style, no substance in my thread :doh:

Once the weather picks up I promise I'll have something worth staying more than 53 seconds for. Thanks for the heads up ;)
JRSJ
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.0

Postby 4doorciv » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:39 pm

It also helps with updates ans activity. Helps keep us interested in the thread. Lol.
-Ryan-
1989 mighty max 4g63 turbo. -down-
1995 Eagle talon tsi awd. -daily-
1992 Honda civic b18c1. -sold-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63

Postby camoit » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:34 pm

JRSJ wrote:
camoit wrote:As of today this is the most looked at topic. With 13% of the clicks out of the hole site. But people only stay on the page for an average of 53 seconds. Compaired to the turbo section where people are reading for an advrage of 19 minutes. But it only recives 7.6% of the clicks. I just thought I might throw this in here you you.

All style, no substance in my thread :doh:

Once the weather picks up I promise I'll have something worth staying more than 53 seconds for. Thanks for the heads up ;)

If you have a goggle account. (Ya know where you sign in the upper right of goggle.com) then I can set people up with access to the analytics of the site. It has all sorts of info on how each page is preforming. From time on site, clicks, browser types, time on pages, references from other sites and search engines. It has been receiving data for 3 days now. It could make a good tool start a competition on who's build thread can get the most clicks. It could be fun once I get the new board up and running. Each page of the new board can be customized by the blog owner.
Here is my BUILD THREAD.
Live Class 6 off road race truck build. CLICK HERE FOR FEED.

http://www.onsiteconcrete.net
camoit
Admin
Admin

Engine Size: 2.6L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1980

Postby FordTruckMan » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:43 am

I just now read this whole post, definetly spent more than 53 seconds on it. Real good quality work and damn pictures that were shot in HD. Looking good, its good to see people who actually care for these little trucks, they are so damn hard to find, most people use and abuse them.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us/img]Money Cant buy you happiness, but it sure as hell can buy you plenty of things to make you happy.
FordTruckMan

Engine Size: 2.4
What year vehicle do you own?: 1992

Previous

Return to 2nd Generation