Alternate Brake booster for...?

A place to post a build thread for your 2nd Gen truck.
(1987-1996)
Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

Re: Alternate Brake booster for...?

Postby 77amc » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:13 am

At work we have a few hundred 'tugs' that pull around the baggage carts and some have brakes that will put you into the windshield and some that will put you into the side of a plane..
I guess it would depend on your foot 'till you get the feel of it. But if someone built up a 'big brake' setup, they wouldn't have to worry about fluid pressure. I guess a adjustable proportioning valve would be a must.

I'll see on this Hornet later this spring when I start tearing into it.

Another thing I thought of was to use an adapter at the rear or bumper that one could extend that high pressure to a trailers braking system that would have one way valves.. Just a thought though.

E
77amc
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.6
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Re: Alternate Brake booster for...?

Postby pennyman1 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:43 pm

Extending brake lines to a trailer is not only illegal, but it is dangerous as well. 1 leak and everything loses braking. Even the old brake controllers that tied into the brake lines from years ago are illegal for the same reason. 1 way check valves won't work either, once they are pressurized they won't release
Pennyman1
Living the D-50 life since 1980
The best Dodge that Dodge never made
pennyman1
VIP
VIP

Previous

Return to 2nd Generation