project mighty simple

A place to post build threads for Might Max Trucks.
Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

Re: project mighty simple

Postby camoit » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:58 am

One more tip. Go out and get a flow regulator. The one with the little ball in it that will show you the gas flow. The other type that comes with the welder will allow way to much gas through it and you will always be going back and refilling bottles. I run CO2 at >5 CFH
Here is my BUILD THREAD.
Live Class 6 off road race truck build. CLICK HERE FOR FEED.

http://www.onsiteconcrete.net
camoit
Admin
Admin

Engine Size: 2.6L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1980

Postby L.K. » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:16 pm

camoit wrote:One more tip. Go out and get a flow regulator. The one with the little ball in it that will show you the gas flow. The other type that comes with the welder will allow way to much gas through it and you will always be going back and refilling bottles. I run CO2 at >5 CFH

Ok. Thanks for the heads up. My bottle is going quite fast. Ill have to grab one of that style. I'm running 75?/25?....should I run other. Idk know. Perks,.negatives, etc. I'm a lil new to the mig.....just a year of experience ....seasoned in arc and flux core....
L.K.
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.4
What year vehicle do you own?: 1984

Postby camoit » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:42 pm

Flux core. Just the thought gives me the dry heaves. Great for working on a fence out in the wind. If you haven't already picked up a larger bottle then you might as just do it when the one you are using runs out. One that comes up to your belt is the right size. It will last you about 5 years or more.I just get what ever is the cheapest. For me it's CO2. The guy at the quickie mart exchanges the tank for me. Runs about $100 for the big tank that runs the soda machines and had lasted me for nearly 10 years. I give it about 1 year and you will be looking for 220 Volt machine. It always goes that way.
Here is my BUILD THREAD.

camoit
Admin
Admin

Postby L.K. » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:49 am

Yeah we used mig for light metal fabrication at the shop i used to work for. arc for alot of pipe and structural. mig for hand rails staircases and all kinds of shit.

my welder is a 230v actually its quite big. pics dont help it...the tank i use is about 3 feet tall..
but yeah i use flux core once in a while for like mock up stuff getting ideas..just to save some gas here and there i have 2 migs and i straight flux core welder and an old skool arc welder as well

i love the mig and i been doing some research on the gasses and i am glad to know you! thanks for the help and info. im sure ill be asking questions soon.....Great build btw. freaking awesome.

thanks for looking
L.K.
VIP
VIP

Postby L.K. » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:20 pm

got a good bit done today..ill def have some pics and a good little update for everyone tomorrow.

anyone have anything to say? good, bad, ugly, like it, hate it, comments, criticism?

ANYTHING
L.K.
VIP
VIP

Postby 4doorciv » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:52 pm

I'll let you know ass soon as I see some pics. Lol. How are thoughs lower control arms doing for you by the way?
-Ryan-
1989 mighty max 4g63 turbo. -down-
1995 Eagle talon tsi awd. -daily-
1992 Honda civic b18c1. -sold-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Postby camoit » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:56 pm

You might want to save the picts and updates for the new board. should be next week when I open the doors
Here is my BUILD THREAD.

camoit
Admin
Admin

Postby 4doorciv » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:55 pm

Already? Wow. I guess L.K. Has to start another bud thread. I hope the others with build threads keep updating. Even the ones that haven't updated since January.
-Ryan-
1989 mighty max 4g63 turbo. -down-
1995 Eagle talon tsi awd. -daily-
1992 Honda civic b18c1. -sold-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Postby L.K. » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:20 am

4doorciv wrote:I'll let you know ass soon as I see some pics. Lol. How are thoughs lower control arms doing for you by the way?

you should look at all of the post then....i just updated a few days ago with about 6 pics and details on what...

thanks for looking though......
L.K.
VIP
VIP

Postby L.K. » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:40 am

4doorciv wrote:I'll let you know ass soon as I see some pics. Lol. How are thoughs lower control arms doing for you by the way?.

well the part seems to be ok. i had a very bad experience getting them. only took like 7 months.....that sucked.
every excuse in the world came with that. i filed a claim to get money back. then they mysteriously show up at my house. so i call bank to get things straight. i do my part bank does theres... then he is saying i still owe him money and whatever....he offers me discounts and all kinds of promises up until he realized i wasnt giving him any money.--then i havent heard a word from him...i was gonna place a big ass order too...oh well....he is not the only one who can fab parts.....

thanks for asking....
L.K.
VIP
VIP

PreviousNext

Return to Mighty Max Trucks