CHP

CHP

Postby muzak » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:26 pm

know how CA is looking hard to get out of debt? By giving u more tickets - adding CHP and giving sheriff ticket mandates - even in rural areas. Got nailed doing 72 on good old Hwy 1 S. of Stewarts Pt. with a new water cooled "'Spencer' TD04-10" turbo and a 40mph tail wind. But it brings up the point of how inaccurate the speedo can get over time, maybe just a cable but likely the whole gauge cluster needs replacing, good luck finding 1 of those no doubt?
muzak
VIP
VIP

Re: CHP

Postby muzak » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:54 pm

Let's dub the 4D56 water cooled turbo the 'Spencer turbo' to honor the guy who hustled to help guys like me get 1 which is sweet BTW. He said there's a way to just swap the cartridge on the TD04-09 that were stock in the 84-85's. But I have the 83 and even w/out the 4D56 head it does hum, running with only about 10K on the motor and it's first fill with synthetic oil. Clearly the original valve train and larger injectors with the 83 head was good and they perform well with the flat tap, sometimes the olds gold. especially vs. the shortage of raw materials for making these new 4D56 heads. Kind of like Lister generators, not many good left.

In terms of boost I see the most 10psi climbing my mountain 18% grade road for about .5 mile home. But when I got stopped by the chps I had been stretching out 5th to see what I could get, it will hit 9psi but clearly not until about 65mph and that is a bit too fast up here with all the increased patrol activity. have to get it down to the Bay Area and roll with the cousins of the fukin lunatics on I5 in socal where motorcycles get rammed into the side of D50's.
muzak
VIP
VIP

Postby mikewarme » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:20 am

Boy thats funny, Im the one that put together all the part numbers and did the actual assembly!
mikewarme

Engine Size: 2.3
What year vehicle do you own?: 1983

Postby mikewarme » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:21 am

muzak wrote:know how CA is looking hard to get out of debt? By giving u more tickets - adding CHP and giving sheriff ticket mandates - even in rural areas. Got nailed doing 72 on good old Hwy 1 S. of Stewarts Pt. with a new water cooled "'Spencer' TD04-10" turbo and a 40mph tail wind. But it brings up the point of how inaccurate the speedo can get over time, maybe just a cable but likely the whole gauge cluster needs replacing, good luck finding 1 of those no doubt?

Zak if you diffrent tires there is your problem. Speedos don't change by themselves, nor do cables. By the way a new spedo from Mitsu is almost $300
mikewarme

Engine Size: 2.3
What year vehicle do you own?: 1983

Postby DavetheDude » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:43 am

Cheapest thing to do is what I did. Bought a cheap GPS, which is handy to have anyway, but it shows how fast you are going at all times. And it is accurate.
DavetheDude
VIP
VIP

Return to North West