Ram 50 Revival

Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

Ram 50 Revival

Postby Robert » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:08 pm

Alright, I haven't officially bought this truck yet, but I am saving my $$, and will hopefully have by the middle of march. It doesn't run because the guy installed a weber carb and had to plug one of the fuel outlets, which came unplugged, shot gas at the battery which started a small fire, then the battery exploded melting everything plastic and rubber, and the starter which kept pumping gas into the fire. So I have some pretty awesome plans to revive this awesome little truck. After getting it running again, I plan to get it professionally repainted, keeping the outside yellow, and repainting the inside of the doors and the back of the cab inside black. I'll be leaving the bed alone because it has been refinished and looks good. The carpet will be black as well as the headliner and visors. The dash will be painted yellow, leaving the plastic black pieces black, and same with the door panels, with the door handle, armrest, and window regulator black. I will put Black and yellow Pro car by Scat Sportsman racing seats in, and a custom black steering wheel. There will be yellow racing pedals and shifter knob. I'm gonna put an after market bumper on it, unfortunately it is chrome, so ill have to buy some stock chrome bumper ends, paint the bumper and ends black using Dupli Colors Black Chrome paint. I am also going to put a bull bar on it with fog lights, after market black taillights, bed rails, and black diamond projector hid headlights. Its gonna have a visor that goes over the front windshield and the lights on the bed bar will be circular and more powerful. Then to finish it up I will put a dual exuast system with two tailpipes coming out the back. Of coarse this wont happen overnight, put I figured since I want to become a mechanic and work on cars, this would be a great project for me. It will take some time but once I buy it and get started I will post my updates. Below i have pictures of it as is. remember this is not my truck yet, but hopefully it will be come march. :dance: :lol: :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robert

Engine Size: 2.6
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Re: Ram 50 Revival

Postby Robert » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:09 pm

More Pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robert

Postby lush90 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:11 am

That is a good looking truck, should be worth the time rebuilding. That's also some great scenery in the background, where is the truck at?
lush90
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 3.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1990

Postby Robert » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:33 am

At a place called mission dam here in St Ignatius MT. Ya the scenery is great here.
Robert

Postby Ram50man » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:33 am

Nice... How much are they wanting for it? and What year is it? Also you mentioned putting on a aftermarket bumper on it, where did you find an aftermarket bumper? Also, that console under the dash, is that factory or aftermarket? My truck looks likes it suppose to have on there, but there is nothing there, so im trying to find out if its suppose to have one, and find out where i can get a replacement at.
89 Ram 50, 2.0L, 2WD, 5 SPD Man., Reg Cab.
Ram50man

Engine Size: 2.0L

Postby Robert » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:07 pm

$450 to $500, and its an 89. I found the bumper in Truckin' magizine. The console, i believe, is stock. This truck has it and so does my white one. I think it is a decretive piece to hide stuff, i don't know, but i will try to find some info on where you can get one. :)
Robert

Postby Robert » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:58 am

Ram50man i couldnt find anywhere where you can get this part. So you might just have to go to a junkyard or maybe the dodge dealer to see if they could order one for you.
Robert

Postby 4doorciv » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:09 am

Nice looking project truck. I wonder whats salvageable though. To me, I replace the engine and trans with new body harness and engine harness. As well as a bunch of accessories. I wonder how much damage the fire caused the structural stability of the cab. IE long effects.
-Ryan-
1989 mighty max 4g63 turbo. -down-
1995 Eagle talon tsi awd. -daily-
1992 Honda civic b18c1. -sold-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63

Postby Robert » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:36 am

The fire wasnt all that big, so the body, cab, etc. Are in very good condition. I would love to put a brand new engine into it but I don't have that kind of money. Lol but the engine block itself is in good condition also, it's just almost everything around it that's toast (literally). Like I explained I will have to put all new hoses a lines and an alternator, wiring harness, and all that stuff on the right side f the engine. But yes it is a good project truck, nothin much is wrong with it exept for the motor. Man I love these trucks!!
Robert

Postby 4doorciv » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:31 pm

I was just wondering long term as in it'll rust out in a few years after repaint. Stuff like that. Hope you get what you want out of it and document your progress on the site though. Other then the metal spot on the hood, truck looks great.
-Ryan-
1989 mighty max 4g63 turbo. -down-
1995 Eagle talon tsi awd. -daily-
1992 Honda civic b18c1. -sold-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63

Next

Return to All 4WD Trucks