My 85 Power Ram 50

Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

My 85 Power Ram 50

Postby mikewarme » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:22 pm

Here it goes. Complete truck tear down for restoration (complete). This truck will be all stock with exception of tires and wheels. It is a 1985 Power Ram 50. New engine,suspension,transmission, all rubber parts, clips fastners, new dash and interior all new brake system rebuilt steering gear and pump. Critical parts all NOS where possible.No im not baggin it or choppin it up or any sawzall work. (Hey Erik! I lifted the cab off to remove the engine and Trans assembly!) I will not miss 1 item. Frame will be finished in an expoy finish. This will be a nice truck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mikewarme on Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikewarme

Engine Size: 2.3
What year vehicle do you own?: 1983

Re: My 85 Power Ram 50

Postby mikewarme » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:31 am

I will be using lots of NOS parts. Mostly hardware related clips, wiring harness fastners of all sorts hose clamps etc. Not to mention all NOS weatherstripping. Other items in bad order will be replaced with Used OEM when possible. I need a 4x4 Crossmember is anyone has one. Same part for 1st and 2nd gen. Mine is damaged. I have all new NOS skid plates and prefer not to use them if I can find used ones. Truck will get new NOS lighting as needed. I will not use any sheetmetal NOS like Mike said. I have all new Ball joints , tie rods, and Control arm shafts/bushings by Moog. The frame will be blasted next week. I plan on having the chassis ready by christmas. I believe It will take me 6months of spare time to complete this truck. Needless to say my Wife is PISSED. In the end it will be worth it. Anybody have a nice unscratched 1st gen piece of glass? Brad has an NOS glass but I don't want to pay $300 for a piece of glass!
mikewarme

Postby 4doorciv » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:41 pm

Good plans. I need some kinda insperation and motivation to work on mines. I got a lot of parts to put on but haven't touched it in a few weeks. Hope you don't loose your motivation.
-Ryan-
1989 mighty max 4g63 turbo. -down-
1995 Eagle talon tsi awd. -daily-
1992 Honda civic b18c1. -sold-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Postby mikewarme » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:06 pm

No I won't loose motivation. It's all about time and money. I'm undecided about paint. To have a pro shop paint it would be $3k. Im looking at a body guy from craigs list to do all prep work and than a production painter to shoot the finish. I'm saving the 3k job for my brown truck. I will not paint my truck and leave a wavy body, dents dings bondo marks etc. New paint makes all that stuff stand out. This truck WILL not end up at a scrap yard like most trucks started by some punk who doesn't really have his heart set on it.
mikewarme

Postby wrngwae » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:23 pm

hows the progress coming mike?????? you need a kick in the pants yet???????lol
!!!!Real Trucks Don't Need Spark Plugs!!!!
or Chinese parts!!!!
764  768 
wrngwae
Super Mod
Super Mod

What year vehicle do you own?: 1987

Postby mackmitsubishi » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:58 pm

MaxD50 wrote:
300D50 wrote:Noice! You dropping your NOS sheet on there, or repairing?

Do keep us all updated.

Are you kidding? He'll take the nos sheet metal to the grave with him.

HA HA!!!!!!!!! :lol:
mackmitsubishi

Engine Size: 2.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1986

Postby jones463 » Fri May 07, 2010 3:19 pm

i just had my transmission rebuilt,where did you get ur engine rebuilt at?
jones463

Engine Size: 2.6
What year vehicle do you own?: 1982

Postby mikewarme » Fri May 07, 2010 3:29 pm

I do all my own engine building. Tired of being Fucked by rebuilders every time . :naughty: I will use them to bore blocks and grind cranks. Thats about it. Do you have a Diesel? Mine is diesel. Gassers are even easier.
mikewarme

Postby wrngwae » Fri May 07, 2010 6:51 pm

x2 fuck that ,,if i had a lathe and a mill ou all wouldnt sell me notin,,,yea i sed notin..im a redneck lol.......mike,,,,,, you got to love thos emachine shops tha balance your rotating assy and put your rings on upside down,,,,,,,,,,like i had......
!!!!Real Trucks Don't Need Spark Plugs!!!!
or Chinese parts!!!!
764  768 
wrngwae
Super Mod
Super Mod

What year vehicle do you own?: 1987

Postby mikewarme » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:42 am

UPDATE..........

Yes the project has stalled, but starting again in August. My wife is leaving with Mother-inlaw and my 19 month old son for 2 weeks. So Plenty of time to get cranking. So far i Have done the following:

Had the following items blasted and powdered....

Frame

Rear-end tube assembly

Transmission crossmember

All 4 control arms

Engine brackets

Pulleys

Power steering fluid resevoir

Diesel battery tray parts ( Battery is under bed with special brackets per stock location)

Leaf Springs

Torsion Bar anchors and brackets

Pics to follow as I get started.

Every bolt and Nut, washer is factory New NOS! So it wont look like a Home depot truck either that was Jerry rigged with shitty hardware.

My body Julio is gonna get started on cleaning the cab and preping it. Cab will be stripped and Rhino lined on the underside.

Cuurently looking HARD for a NOS hood weatherstrip! No offers for NOS parts refused.
mikewarme

Next

Return to All 4WD Trucks