front airbag pictures

Suspension Drops, Air Bagging, and all Ground Slamming Modifications.

front airbag pictures

Postby 94mitz » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:24 pm

Im in the process of baging my 94 max. Looking for some pictures of the front setup that everyone is running. And is there a company that makes the brakets, or is it going to be a custom thing with a universal bag plate?
94mitz

Engine Size: 2.4
What year vehicle do you own?: 1994

Re: front airbag pictures

Postby DTcrew4 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:24 pm

There is a good write up on minitruckin's web page. http://www.minitruckinweb.com/tech/suspension/0711mt_1994_mitsubishi_mighty_max_front_bags/index.html There are some good pictures on there.
DTcrew4

What year vehicle do you own?: 1991

Postby 94mitz » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:48 am

thanx, Ive been studdying that.... Got all the issues on minitruckin with the buildup in it. Was looken to see if anyone had pictures of there own setup. Thank you for the reply tho
94mitz

Postby DTcrew4 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:43 am

Also try streetsource owner profiles. It might take a while but if you look through pics on others profiles you'll find some good ones.
DTcrew4

What year vehicle do you own?: 1991

Postby 94mitz » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:56 am

thanks!
94mitz

Postby Johnboy72 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:04 am

What you don't like this sexy suspension?
You prefer something like this?

Give me a min. I had a build thread at one time on the other site, think most of the pics are still on Myspace that I never use anymore.
Johnboy72
VIP
VIP

Postby Johnboy72 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:22 am

Ok, in this picture, I've removed damn near everything and have begun to trim out the spring perch. Now the current state my front is bagged, it's not super sexy. Just works. So if your just trying to get the damn thing bagged, this should help. I'll be redoing everything as I want my shit to look sexy too. But when trimming the material, just make sure you put the bag in there and check several times. You do not want a bag rubbing metal and blowing out a bag. So take your time, remove a little at time!
When I ordered my cups, I ordered them too tall. It's basically a piece of pipe. I put the bag bracket and cup in a vise to start my cuts. I don't have fancy plasma cutters or shit. I am pretty damn good with a Sawzall. Just take your time and get the cut straight.

Test fit. Hopefully I can find a picture of the modified lower control arm. I still have them if anyone needs a set of control arms. I got the hook up from Mike at DHP so I'll be running full tubed arms.
Ok, I'm having problems locating more pics. I know I have some on my home PC but I'm in Iraq right now. I should be home early Sept for leave. I can get more pics then and if anyone wants to buy those arms, let me know. I'll try to find some pics.
Johnboy72
VIP
VIP

Postby Johnboy72 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:33 am

Ok, here a picture of the lower control arm I started, it's not done as I got the tubed arms. I think I'll clean it up and use it on my other D50 when I get it. So for now, don't think I'll sell it unless someone absolutely needs it. Basically just cut down the old spring ribs and put a bag plate in there and welded it up.

But to be honest, if you want to get max drop and lift, I would buy Mike's arms. Looks like they've improved since my version. With my modified stock arms, the ball joints were maxing me out. DHP's arms have a lot more movement. And if you compare prices with others....just check S10 control arms...everyone is selling them for various prices. So Mike's prices on arms for OUR trucks is very affordable!

http://www.dallashotrodparts.com/mitsubishi.html
Johnboy72
VIP
VIP

Postby 94mitz » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:16 am

thank you, you made my day with the pics and text responce! And im not liking the so called "sexy" suspension, bags much better!
94mitz

Postby 94mitz » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:33 am

I think im going to go ahead and do it the way you did it first and save up and buy those upper and lower arms. I want it bagged, an ill only be out the lower bag plate, but that comes wit hthe lower control arm anyway.
94mitz

Next

Return to Suspension / Lowering