rear end question...

Suspension Drops, Air Bagging, and all Ground Slamming Modifications.

rear end question...

Postby plumkrazy1789 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:39 am

I was wondering.. My truck has been dropped on 5" angle blocks in the rear and the bumpstops are out and the guy heated the springs in the front. When i accelerate or put the truck under a load, its like the rear end sways out, but its only when i give it gas, the truck drives straight down the road and does not "dog leg".. its confusing me as to why the rear end kind of slides over when i give it gas... should i check and see how tight the u-bolts are? what do i need to check?
plumkrazy1789

Re: rear end question...

Postby Spicoli » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:23 pm

Is it monoleafed? If so thats probly why itll go sideways
--keRby

LethalEthan wrote: I wish I had 10 exhaust pipes, I bet that shit flows like LL Cool J

Ad Inexplorata
Spicoli
VIP
VIP

Postby plumkrazy1789 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:56 pm

no, its just 5" angle block.. its weird to me.. of all the might max's ive had this is the only one that has done it.. i lowered all others only 3 inches though and i can keep the bump stops in at that height.. so I really dont know what it is at all... its not that bad, just dont want anything to happen.. im about to sell the truck i have in my sig for $1800.. i have it up for sell on other forums right now, and on craigslist.
plumkrazy1789

Postby DroppedMitsu » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:17 am

I had that happening to me for a little bit and also a friend with a tacoma(easier to feel since its not a slow pos 2.0) and it would feel as you described only when accelerating it would feel like one side of the rear end was swaying or moving a little bit. Turns out the u-bolts had loosened up a bit, so might want to check those.
-Josh-
1987 Mighty Max with 4g63 Turbo swap
1989 Macrocab Mighty Max
DroppedMitsu
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63
What year vehicle do you own?: 1987

Postby plumkrazy1789 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:08 am

thanks dude.. i had a suspicion of that, but have never acted on it.. i put the truck up for sell today for $1700.. im done with them unless i can find a extended cab or something.. i cant drop another max unless im bagging it and doing it right.. my stepdad owns a tire shop but damn this is rediculous..
plumkrazy1789

Postby pennyman1 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:17 pm

You are getting axle wrap from the 5" drop blocks; the nornal twisting of the leaf springs are amplified by the tall blocks and the fact that they are narrower than the leaf spring itself. The amount of drop is limiting the options you have, but the best way to do a 5" rear drop is to dearch the springs 3" and reverse the spring eyes- the springs mount as stock to the axle and no weird twisting from the blocks. I've split a set of main leafs longways using 3" blocks without the angle shims from the twisting; mine's not a stock 2.6 either
Pennyman1
Living the D-50 life since 1980
The best Dodge that Dodge never made
pennyman1
VIP
VIP

Postby plumkrazy1789 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:01 pm

i just want to sell the truck now.. if yall know anyone looking for one then i will take $1500 for it..
plumkrazy1789

Return to Suspension / Lowering