need help lowering my 95 mighty max

Suspension Drops, Air Bagging, and all Ground Slamming Modifications.

Re: need help lowering my 95 mighty max

Postby Vantastic1 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:08 am

Just kinda wondering here (sorry to hijack the thread) but how do you guys drop something with a torsion bar front end? Im kinda kicking around the idea of lowering my Van.
Vantastic1

Engine Size: 2.4
What year vehicle do you own?: 1990

Postby Johnboy72 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:01 pm

Torsion bar setups...well on the Mazda Bseries trucks we used to kick around, we'd crank the torsion bars down. Made for a stiff ride. Suicidedoors.com makes a torsion bar bag kit. That's the route I'd go.
Johnboy72
VIP
VIP

Postby brakeless » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:17 pm

today i got the middle leaf springs out and its sitten even with the front cant wait to get $20 so i can get the drop blocks and the spring from jonnyboy72 and then its gonna look real nice for the time being my friend is gonna give me his stock wheels off his 03 caddy escalade with low profile tires soon im gonna be driftin pretty excited
brakeless

Engine Size: 2.4l
What year vehicle do you own?: 1995

Postby ram50rocket » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:18 am

Like said before, Make sure the blocks have good bolts and grind the head round so it fits in the slot or your rear axle will be "dog tracking" or off at an angle. I have been running drop shocks, lowering springs, removed a leaf out of the leafsrpings and 4 inches of blocks since the 90's. My driveshaft has been hitting the cab floor that long too. I guess my leaf springs wore out along with the shocks, never changed them. Rides like shit but who cares. I got airbag parts and lowered spindles sitting around for years too but I am putting them on when I get the fuck out of here.
ram50rocket

Postby ram50rocket » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:35 am

^^^OLD POST, didn't see the date. Anyway, on a probably late safety note, use a coil spring compressor! I almost crushed a finger from a coil spring popping out of a compressor and somehow grabbing my finger, any other makeshift way can be deadly. You can rent a proper spring compressor at autozone. You can hold it up in a table vise for easier work when racheting it, which is quite heavy and tough to compress.
ram50rocket

Previous

Return to Suspension / Lowering