need help lowering my 95 mighty max

Suspension Drops, Air Bagging, and all Ground Slamming Modifications.

need help lowering my 95 mighty max

Postby brakeless » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:12 pm

hey im pretty much a newbie when it comes to cars and trucks and i wanna lower my mighty max and i cant find any lowering kits or anything that will fit my truck so if anyone knows a website or anything that will help me find lowering stuff and what i will need and what i will need to fabricate please let me know thanks alot
brakeless

Engine Size: 2.4l
What year vehicle do you own?: 1995

Re: need help lowering my 95 mighty max

Postby brakeless » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:18 pm

thanks alot bro
brakeless

Postby brakeless » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:23 pm

but i dont want to bag it right now i just want to lower it with out bags how would i do that and what will i need
brakeless

Postby brakeless » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:44 pm

i know but what will i need to get a 4 inch drop
brakeless

Postby Johnboy72 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:01 pm

You can do a few different things. For the front, drop spindles will get you down. Many cut some coils out of the springs. In the rear, you can take out leaf springs and put a lowering block on it. I'd suggest an angled lowering block.

Where are you located at? What's your budget look like. I have bagged my front of the truck and have the coils Lethal Ethan had cut. I haven't bagged the rear but have some lowering blocks laying around. If your hurting for cash, I could send them your way for about the price to ship.
Johnboy72
VIP
VIP

Postby brakeless » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:05 pm

ok thanks and my budget is pretty low right now but soon i will be able to get my truck started but how much will u be selling them for? im located in california haha mostly everybody i meet is really far from me but would useing lowering leaf springs work to or no cuz i have no clue and thanks for the help
brakeless

Postby Johnboy72 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:33 pm

I'm not sure if there's a thread on this site but knew there was one on the old site. I have cut springs and lowering blocks laying here that I can give ya.

With the springs, again...most just cut a coil or two out to get the front lower. I believe Ethan just told me on chat that it's 1 3/4 turns cut. So would get your front about 3-4 inches lower. You would simply swap the springs which is cool cause if you notice any problems or don't like how it rides, you'd have your stock springs to swap back in.

The rear leaf springs. I'll have to check how many Ethan took out but it's pretty low. A lowering block will go on top of the leaf spring and under the axle. It will basically just move the axle up a few inches. I don't know if I have any U bolts though, but have some blocks. So with what I have, you'd have to come up with some longer U-bolts and some lowered (shorter) shocks. I believe stock shocks will be a pain in the ass. But you can always roll around and see if the shocks bottom out.

I'd say give me $20 and that would more than cover shipping and buy me a pack of smokes. I'll throw in anything I see might be useful. I think I have some random bushings and shit laying around.
Johnboy72
VIP
VIP

Postby LethalEthan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:57 pm

I had one leaf pulled in that truck with 3.5 in blocks I think. Blocks are pretty cheap at any automotive store like advanced auto/autozone/pepboys etc.. Or if you have some scrap square tubing laying around you could make your own. Just cut to length and drill a hole in the center. Put a bolt in the hole and grind down the head of it, this would act as your centering pin. You can also pull the center leaf for a 2 in drop in the rear. The front with cut springs might give you some camber problems but it shouldn't be much to worry about. Just make sure you get an alignment after dropping it.

Edit: Also make sure you cut the bumpstops down in the front and rear. If your still bottoming out in the front you can cut a bit of the spring pocket out to give the control arm more room to move.

LethalEthan
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.3L

Postby brakeless » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:59 pm

that sounds good bro thanks alot that helps me out alot i should be getting money this week so i would be able to give you the money by wednesday or thursday how low will the coils im getting from you drop the front of my truck either way i want them i just want to know? and thanks again bro i appreciate and how low will the rear be dropped with the blocks...like 3 inches or so??
brakeless

Postby LethalEthan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:43 pm

Those front coils should put your wheels right up near the bottom edge of your fender, I'll see if i can find a pic of the truck with the coils on it.

LethalEthan
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.3L

Next

Return to Suspension / Lowering