Am I at least on the right track?

Suspension Drops, Air Bagging, and all Ground Slamming Modifications.

Re: Am I at least on the right track?

Postby LethalEthan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:59 pm

I couldn't tell you about welders but there are some people on here that can. Panhard bars are for link setups that are not triangulated. It controls side to side movement of the axle. You'd need one if you were running a parallel 4 link or 2 link. Ive seen the lower bars placed outside of the frame and I think it works fine. One thing you'll have to contend with placing tanks under the bed is your gas tank. This will also contend with your 4link unless your running a reverse triangulated setup which works, but is not recommended. You could always place the fuel tank behind the axle, or go with a fuel cell in the bed. as for bar placement it needs to be even and it also needs to keep your pinion angle correct through as much of the axle movement as possible or you'll tear up pinion seals like mad.

LethalEthan
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.3L

Postby LethalEthan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:03 pm

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=594

check out his rear suspension setup. I believe its something close to what you want.

LethalEthan
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.3L

Postby denraweb » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:39 am

Yes thats pretty much how I was thinking of doing my set up. I would love to have a fuel cell, both tanks and compressor(s) under the bed as he does, but do the MM's have this option with the bed in tact? Basically I want the air supply stuff hidden under the bed. The only thing visible will be the axle/notch/4 link. I'm gonna cut out the center of the bed (from side to side of course) so the notches can clear, BUT i'm gonna be making a cover out of sheet metal which I will then mount using regular hood pins so that I can remove it when I want to show the suspension set up. I think I also mentioned, but if I didnt, I'll say it again, i want to be able to put stuff in the bed if I need to and not have stuff falling through the cut out and binding up something down there, which is why I chose to build a cover with wheel tubs to cover everything, but have it be removable so i can take it off if i go to hang out somewhere. Not sure if they make this, as I have mainly seen wheel tubs for sale but not really a whole cover. I guess in theory fiberglass would be cheaper, but I dont know how to fiberglass and I think it would be kind of expensive to have that piece made as it's somewhat large.

So is there anywhere else to mount the gas tank where it will be safe and fit? I dont mind extending wires, and I know after a certain length I will need to add relays and what not.
denraweb

Engine Size: 2.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1993

Postby denraweb » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 am

Ok for the 4 link, if I'm not mistaken, it would be best to weld it on with the truck at stock height? Would that give me perfect pinion angle all the way? Or is there another way to do it? I just thinking i would remove the entire bed, gas tank, and leave the rear axle untouched and with the wheels on, then weld the 4 link on. Would that work?

Also I made a new cart at airbagit.com let me know what you guys think. Look about right since I'm sticking with the 1/2" set up?

Also what do you think about the 2cycle manifold valves (6th on the list)? It's a 2 cycle manifold (2 valves in one)? Ever used em? Should I stick to the single valves? I just thought it would be a little better since I want fbss, and I can put one of these on each corner.... Link under pic..

And here's the link for the 2 cycle valve manifold...
http://www.airbagit.com/ProductDetails. ... C&CartID=6
denraweb

Postby denraweb » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:29 pm

K so found somewhere else since a few people were saying they didnt like AIM/airbagit.com. Anyways, they had their kit for a little over $1000, but of course it was a 3/8" kit. I emailed them and got them to add an upgrade option for 1/2". Came out to $1,158, and that price is SHIPPED. Adding a bigger c-notch, price came out to $1,238. Now I'm emailed again and am gonna try to get them to have an upgrade option for the DC7500 compressor, and also an upgrade for the bags to the denominator II bags. Heres the link, will it be sufficient?

http://www.x2industries.com/chassistech ... Path=76_59
denraweb

Postby netstat » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:07 pm

how big is the "bigger" notch? because I wouldn't even call the one in the picture a notch at all
netstat
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.4L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1991

Postby denraweb » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:32 am

netstat wrote:how big is the "bigger" notch? because I wouldn't even call the one in the picture a notch at all

Lol yea the one in the pic is a 1.5", not gonna work for me. The bigger one is a full 7" notch, which I prolly wont use all, just cut it down to size...

http://www.x2industries.com/chassistech ... p-224.html
denraweb

Previous

Return to Suspension / Lowering