Problem

Problem

Postby netstat » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:05 pm

Ok, either something is just wrong with the parts I have, or my IQ has dropped to Forest Gump level...

Changing my front brakes today, I was having a pretty sucky fitment problem.

The hardware kit that came with my new calipers had two thin metal brackets?/clips? I got them to clip into the calipers, but the effed up part is that with both of the installed (one forward of the pads, one aft of the pads) it was way to tight of a fit to actually get the pads in.

I ended up just using one on the forward end of the caliper. Is this legit to do? any tips on making it work without "spare parts"?

Halp! lol
netstat
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.4L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1991

Re: Problem

Postby Spicoli » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:01 am

You dont need brakes dude. Tough it out. :wiggle_kerby:

Them clips are always a PITA. One otta work I dont see the purpose of em to be honest with ya but figure I'd best use em when I do brakes.
--keRby

LethalEthan wrote: I wish I had 10 exhaust pipes, I bet that shit flows like LL Cool J

Ad Inexplorata
Spicoli
VIP
VIP

Postby pennyman1 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:33 pm

Those are anti-rattle clips and the worst it'll doo is squeal once in a while. You're fine.
Pennyman1
Living the D-50 life since 1980
The best Dodge that Dodge never made
pennyman1
VIP
VIP

Postby netstat » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:25 pm

found the problem. the clip that came with the calipers are very very slightly different than the originals. on the inner pad there is a tab that comes off the back, the new tabs were interfering with that. Solution = reuse one of the old ones on each caliper.
netstat
VIP
VIP

Postby netstat » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:41 am

So this is turning into a FML thread. After a whole weekend of replacing and fixing... I get in the MM to go to work this morning and I have no brakes what so ever.

When I finished yesterday I had good pedal ... this morning nothing but floor. WTF!@#

Personally I think that I'm full of air because of the welfare bleeder kit that Advance Autoparts sold me. I'm sick of it tho, I dropped it off at our in-house mechanic shop here at work and I'll let them have the headache over it.
netstat
VIP
VIP

Return to Brake Systems