Carb issues again?!

Carb issues again?!

Postby shield88mm » Tue May 04, 2010 12:16 am

Can anyone tell me how to properly tune the carburetor or provide some place I can reference to?

Here's the deal, I have an 88 MM 2.0 2wd stock carb 8 deg BTDC. Going up a hill on the freeway there is no power in 3rd @ just about redline, 4th or 5th @ WOT or anything else for that matter. I've tried playing around with the idle screw and a screw for some sort of linkage going toward the top of the carb (almost like its vacuum controlled). I almost just want to get a weber (are they cali legal?) but I am concerned with the fact that there are like 20 vacuum lines in the stock and only 1 (I think) on the weber. Plus there is the money issue. On the other hand I can't help but think that the car can run faster (at least to the point where it can climb a hill faster than 55mph) and I believe it to be carb related. I have replaced all the ignition parts (plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil).

So if there is anyone out there than has any info on how to tune the carb from scratch I would definitely appreciate it.
shield88mm

Engine Size: 2.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1988

Re: Carb issues again?!

Postby Ramit » Tue May 04, 2010 5:36 pm

I'm not sure of your particular year, but if it has a vacuum controlled secondary,you might want to check and make sure it is holding a vacuum.If it is leaking, your secondary will not open up at WOT,and your truck will seem to be extremely under powered.It will basically turn it into a 1 barrel carb.
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you it's yours to keep.If it doesn't come back, hunt it down..and kill it
Ramit
Donator
Donator

Postby shield88mm » Wed May 05, 2010 10:01 pm

OK I'll check that out tomorrow. Thanks for the info!
shield88mm

Engine Size: 2.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1988

Postby Ramit » Thu May 06, 2010 8:56 am

MaxD50 wrote:I bet Ramit hit it on a nutshell

???????????? Did you mean "hit it on the head"or "thats it in a nutshell" :think: . No more internet past 10:00pm. for you young man!! :lol:
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you it's yours to keep.If it doesn't come back, hunt it down..and kill it
Ramit
Donator
Donator

Postby Ramit » Thu May 06, 2010 12:59 pm

I knew what you meant. I speak some hillbilly myself. Like they say in Crab Orchard TN. "weeunsall gotta stick together."
Ramit
Donator
Donator

Postby wrngwae » Fri May 07, 2010 4:04 am

hahahahahahaha damn hillbillys
!!!!Real Trucks Don't Need Spark Plugs!!!!
or Chinese parts!!!!
764  768 
wrngwae
Super Mod
Super Mod

Engine Size: 2.3
What year vehicle do you own?: 1987

Return to Possible Fuel Problems