Webber Carb

Webber Carb

Postby Ram50man » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:16 pm

Hey I am thinking of switching to the Webber Carb... Has anyone done this yet? Is the conversion difficult? I know my truck has the feedback Mikuni Carb and the Webber is Non-Feeback, wich means a lot of vacuum lines will no longer be used. Just wondering how that will affect performance.
89 Ram 50, 2.0L, 2WD, 5 SPD Man., Reg Cab.
Ram50man

Engine Size: 2.0L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Re: Webber Carb

Postby Boomer » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:49 am

I have the same truck and switched to a Weber, it can be a bit tricky, if you do maybe I can help you
lcreech4@comcast.net
Boomer

Engine Size: 2.0

Postby LethalEthan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:57 pm

The weber instructions are pretty on point. You should be fine without all the emissions lines assuming you don't have inspection/emissions testing in your area. Never done one on a mightymax but if its anything like the isuzu you need to pay close attention to the length of the carb base studs. One side will be longer than the other and if you don't use them on the correct side you may not be able to get the nuts on past the bottom of the carb. Also, I would use some loctite on the studs and nuts to keep them from vibrating loose.

LethalEthan
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.3L

Postby pennyman1 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:33 pm

E is right about the install and the studs - the short ones go on the side closest to the valve cover. The critical vacuum hose is the switched port one that goes to the distributor advance. The line from the evap canister goes to the fitting off the bottom of the air cleaner. It is also a good idea to pull the egr valve located under the base of the carb on the intake and be sure it is closed so there is no egr gasses leaking by all the time; if left partially open, it will cause hard starting, poor performance, or even stop it from running all together. A block off plate could also be used to eliminate it totally.
Pennyman1
Living the D-50 life since 1980
The best Dodge that Dodge never made
pennyman1
VIP
VIP

Postby Leadfoot » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:33 pm

Where do you source this Webber carb from? My Mikuni is giving me fits (89 2.6L)
Leadfoot
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.6L

Return to Possible Fuel Problems