Won't run...

Won't run...

Postby rednec_d » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:25 pm

Ok i got my clutch issue sorted out and without doing anything from last time the truck will not run now!!! It would start and rev up then die, i messed around with the timing of the pump seeing it ran great before and then i turned it down to stock to make it not blackstack so much. well now it will start up and run with the throttle wide open but dies after about 5 secs no matter if i pump the pedal or floor it. I made sure there is no air in the lines to the filter on the firewall but that didnt help. This sucks becasue i could have put the fenders and such back on and started driving it tomorrow and now this. Anyone? also still have acuator issue i just wired it back like it was before.
I'm not the smartest crayon in the fridge, but I have internet.
rednec_d
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.3
What year vehicle do you own?: 1984

Re: Won't run...

Postby bellavesus » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:39 am

does sound like a fuel delivery problem, as long as you are sure there are no leaks for air to get in maybe put in a clear line for now, then i would say try adding a fuel pump to the supply line and if that helps then you will need to take a look at your injector pump.
bellavesus

Postby rednec_d » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:16 am

thanks i will try that. I have put fresh diesel in so now i have 5 new gallons and i bled the line again just to make sure. there could be a leak but wouldnt i at least get it to start abit? i may check the timing over just to be sure.
rednec_d
VIP
VIP

Postby rednec_d » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:31 pm

ok this is what i have so far. redid timing and the truck will start but is hard to get started then will run for about 15 seconds then die. whitish smoke from exhaust but it hasnt been run for over months. I addd five gallons of fresh diesel to help and rebled the lines. It just dies like it runs out of fuel. Blocked line??
rednec_d
VIP
VIP

Postby D50DAVE » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:59 am

I would be concerned about the condition of the fuel filter after sitting for an extended period of time. Sounds to me like you are just running out of fuel. Maybe just enough is seeping by to get it to start but not run. If it sat long enough algae can grow in it and plug it solid.
D50DAVE
VIP
VIP

Postby wrngwae » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:56 am

erick,,,,,,,,,,,,grab you a friend and try this. when i swapped my diesel in i for got to pull the factory gas filter off. that may be your problem!!!!! it was so plugged and cold out it wouldnt pull that fuel thru it!!!!!!! ok. fire up your truck,,,,,than take that plunger on the fuel filter and pump it if you can. mine was in such a hard vaccume it wouldnt allow me plung it (i coulnt pull it out)....... than i removed the factory gas filter off the frame area. and all is good. try that and see,,,,,,also your fuel pump timing is way out. it should be at 30thousands stroke at 5 deg after tdc. on an dial indicator out the back of the pump or 1 mm if your guage reads mm instead of inches
!!!!Real Trucks Don't Need Spark Plugs!!!!
or Chinese parts!!!!
764  768 
wrngwae
Super Mod
Super Mod

What year vehicle do you own?: 1987

Postby rednec_d » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:44 pm

the fuel filteryou warned me about when i first started so i already did that. There is a smaller looking one whats for? the one i removed is the one that clogged before on me with gasser. how hard is it to find a new filter for it? i did the timing as by my tech manual and everything seems fine. Idk how to do what your talking about Tye, remember im new to diesel stuff but learning.
rednec_d
VIP
VIP

Postby wrngwae » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:25 am

not a problem Erick just try and work the plunger on your fuel filter while it is running to see if there is a clog. also will it run for a few sec and die and not start right back up?????
!!!!Real Trucks Don't Need Spark Plugs!!!!
or Chinese parts!!!!
764  768 
wrngwae
Super Mod
Super Mod

What year vehicle do you own?: 1987

Postby BCDieselD50 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:04 pm

sounds like fuel delivery.... kinda went threw the same shit... really annoying. before ya replace the filter/conditioner, pull the line from the filter and grab something to hold a few cups of fuel.... fire it up and if it runs you'll know what ur problem is.... hope ya get it goin... cheers
BCDieselD50

Postby mikewarme » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:53 pm

Also nobody has instructed Erik the missing bleeding step. YOU MUST BLEED THE INJECTORS! Start it with injector one cracked loose. CRACKED loose not sawzalled apart or disconnected. Start it and than than tighten it and do the same for 2,3,4
mikewarme

What year vehicle do you own?: 1983

Next

Return to Glow Plug and Hard Starting.