Turbo questions

Re: Turbo questions

Postby 79D50 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:34 am

They are definitely overpriced and quite frankly, full of shit. I called them early into my engine build 3 years ago to get some information and they basically told me (without words) that it is a waste of time to build a 2.6. My immediate next question was "Why do you advertise the Montero and perfomance upgrades for a 2.6 then?" Ummm....dead silence from the superstar genius on the other end of the line.

This doofus then went on to tell me that the 2.6 they built had, and I quote, "Extensive head and block work." They said it had a .272 .435 CAM and a header and blah blah. He said it only produced 130 HP at the crank. I asked them who built the motor and they said thier shop did. I didn't tell the guy over the phone because it would have been pointless to argue but I thought to myself "You guys did something really wrong."

Thier shit is out of this world overpriced and the reputable guys at Peirce Manifolds, WEBER Direct and a well known local shop here in Seattle called "Carb Connections" says do not do business with TEP.

That hat is an ugly POS. I bought my K&N aluminum plenum for $75 bucks and had it chrome plated. The whole thing cost me $120 and looks and fits way better that that ugly thing plus several gaskets were included. WEBER DIrect and Carb Connection both told me that all you need to do to the 38mm is change the float and possibly chnage the jetting once you get it running based on your environmentals. I would trust these 2 shops all the way to the bank and back. Procharger confirmed this infromation for thier C2 application.

Have you guys seen TEP's stage 1,2,3 kits for the 2.6? My God, for what you get you are paying through the damn nose. I'm no cheap bastard but these guys are lookng to make a serious buck off of you. You can buy the parts online and have your machinist build it for less money.

Pic of my Plenum:

Installed on Engine:

Stay away from TEP
79D50
Donator
Donator

Re: Turbo questions

Postby pennyman1 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:41 pm

You confirmed all my suspicions about TEP - the references were just that, not an endorcement by any means. That is a sweet setup; you got to show TEP how to do it right! Keep up the great work!!!
Pennyman1
Living the D-50 life since 1980
The best Dodge that Dodge never made
pennyman1
VIP
VIP

Previous

Return to Intake, Exhaust & Turbo.