need some direction

Transmission Rebuilds or problems? Ask it here.

Re: need some direction

Postby payrion » Sun May 09, 2010 12:59 pm

DroppedMitsu wrote:Look on the pass side of the engine side of the firewall and there is a metal plate, will tell you the transmission that is in the truck.

ok cool, i found out it is an r4ac1, glad i didnt buy those on ebay listed for a MM, those were tagged a500, its weird, the pan filter and gasket i bought was listed at autozone as an a500 as well..
payrion

Postby payrion » Fri May 28, 2010 6:11 pm

hey everyone wanted to update this... still dont know yet BUT, i got new tires on the caddy rims finally and got them on the truck.. and still have the noise, so i can rule that out.....
when the noise is happening and i turn right hard or swirve hard to the right the noise stops til i straightn out..... WHEEL BEARINGS????? what do ya all think? im also hearing a faint squeel when inching along, its just bearly there. and not break related cause when i pump them it doesnt go away...
payrion

Postby payrion » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:19 am

and the problem was........WHEEL BEARINGS IN FRONT!!! they were dry as hell, i replaced them and the races along with all steering parts and i have a new feeling truck, well almost, very little i mean very little slop in the wheel... NO MORE NOISE!!!
payrion

Previous

Return to Transmission.