Trans rebuild

Transmission Rebuilds or problems? Ask it here.

Trans rebuild

Postby WishDRFTR » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:53 pm

Well 3rd gear in my 94MM has grinded slighty since i purchased it last month. I was wondering if anyone has attempted or performed a trans rebuild on our trannys? Also where could I find a rebuild kit? I'm thinking all new seals, bearings, and synchros.
WishDRFTR

Re: Trans rebuild

Postby WishDRFTR » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:59 am

Thats good to know, any idea where?
WishDRFTR

Postby WishDRFTR » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:03 am

MaxD50 wrote:Do what I did, Google Dodge D50 or Mitsubishi Mighty Max transmission rebuild kit.

well whats funny is I did that last night and couldn't find anything, however today i tried it with D50 instead of mighty max and found a few results. Anyone ever actually done a rebuild?
WishDRFTR

Postby mikewarme » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:45 pm

Transmission rebuilders charge $300 bench labor if you give them the trans. They see these all the time and no many other problem areas and how to fix them. Save the frustration and buy the kit and give it with a rebuilder to do. I rebuild many things myself. Motors turbos fuel injectors etc.... I stay away from the tranmission cause its not my expertiese.
mikewarme

Engine Size: 2.3
What year vehicle do you own?: 1983

Postby WishDRFTR » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:53 pm

yeah now $300 I would be willing to dish out to save myself the hassle. Only trans I've rebuilt was a Saginaw from the 80's camaro. It was cake. Than I tried a FWD trans and a new trans out of a mustang (95) and it was a absolute nightmare. Now I just gotta find a good rebuilder :)
WishDRFTR

Return to Transmission.