Slip yoke on rear of transmission? V5MT 4WD

Drive Line & Rear End Problems.

Slip yoke on rear of transmission? V5MT 4WD

Postby bellavesus » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:50 am

so i found out the hard way after installing a new engine , that the slip yoke is a different size than my old driveshaft. wondering if anyone knows what years the slip yoke has changed size, if more than once, and if it is a different size compared to 2wd and 4wd within the same years? i called a recycler and the only information he could come up with while sourcing a used driveshaft for me, is that the slip yoke may differ between years. so we laughed about how i already knew that, but am no closer to finding a slip yoke to fit. i had the KM145 tranny,and now its the V5MT, 4wd. the part number i have found is the MR196133 but it says its for a 91-94 4wd 2 piece shaft, but mine is a one piece shaft. for the one piece shaft i found part # MR196130 but that says its for 91-94 2WD. so im wondering which to order, ideally i would find a used drive shaft and pull the slip yoke. my drive shaft measures 46" weld to weld. the one i found in the closest junkyard is from a n 88 d50, but it measures 41 1/2" weld to weld. WTH? i thought that from 87 and up, all the mistu trucks used the V5MT ? how many uyoke sizes can there be? if anyone can sehd some more light on this i would really appreciate it, i really would like to get her back on the road.

PS, im also looking for the 5 spd shifter for this tranny, seems the KM shifter is a lil too short where it fits down into the shifter bar.
bellavesus

Re: Slip yoke on rear of transmission? V5MT 4WD

Postby Spicoli » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:32 am

The V5mt1 was only used behind the V6's here in the states. And for the pickup that didnt start until 90.
--keRby

LethalEthan wrote: I wish I had 10 exhaust pipes, I bet that shit flows like LL Cool J

Ad Inexplorata
Spicoli
VIP
VIP

Postby bellavesus » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:53 am

thanks, that helps to narrow it down. anyone have a drive shaft from one of these vehicles that would be willing to measure the slip yoke? or send me one? :dance:
bellavesus

Postby Spicoli » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:20 am

what do you need measured? I got 2 V6 trucks and 6g74 powered montero take your pick
--keRby

LethalEthan wrote: I wish I had 10 exhaust pipes, I bet that shit flows like LL Cool J

Ad Inexplorata
Spicoli
VIP
VIP

Postby bellavesus » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:56 pm

thanks again, i was just wondering what size slip yoke i need, but a buddy came over and used the drive shaft from his 89d50 and it fit. so i know at least an 89 on up will fit. but still looking for the yoke, all the yards around here have scrapped anything older than 10 years. im looking for the slip yoke and the 5 spd shifter form a 4wd truck....
bellavesus

Return to Propeller Shaft & Rear End.