What are the best buckets to go with

What are the best buckets to go with

Postby FordTruckMan » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:32 am

So I'm trying to find out what are the best bucket seat I should go with in my 1992 Mighty Max. I currently have the good ole original vinyl bench seat. Well needless to say my fiance complains about it having no support and sticking to it. And I agree, its got to go, So what are the best and easiest bucket swap I can get for this truck. Do I need to find a Mighty Max/D50 thats got buckets in it to use the brackets. Any help is appreciated.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us/img]Money Cant buy you happiness, but it sure as hell can buy you plenty of things to make you happy.
FordTruckMan

Engine Size: 2.4
What year vehicle do you own?: 1992

Re: What are the best buckets to go with

Postby Alan » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:33 pm

As far as the best buckets to use, it is really up to you. It depends on what you like. I was lucky enough to find an extended cab D50 with buckets to use in mine. All I had to do was modify the track 2 inches shorter to make them work. They bolted right in place. I put them in my 91 standard cab Mits. It already had the bolts in the floor for the bucket seats. I would think that your truck will too. As for the seat tracks try this. Find another set of seat tracks for a Mitsubishi bench seat at the local junkyard along with your buckets of choice. Remove the seat track from the buckets and use the seat track from the bench seat on the buckets. You already have one set in your truck now and you could check and see if the passenger side track will bolt into the inboard side on the drivers side floorboard. With a little or no modification this might work for you. I haven't tried it but I am planning to on my next project. Hope this helps.
Alan

Postby FordTruckMan » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:37 pm

Thanks I will definetly have to give that a try.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us/img]Money Cant buy you happiness, but it sure as hell can buy you plenty of things to make you happy.
FordTruckMan

Postby TURBORAM » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:51 am

Well i have a 91 ram 50 and i got my seats out of a maxama and i like them but they are not the look that i am after. I am getting the PROCAR sportsman racing seats they a 150.00 each and for 60.00 they make a direct fit bracket for our trucks. Go to PROCAR.com and check it out they have 8 styles you can choose from. But its really all up to you, if just want comfert or style or hell even both.
TURBORAM

What year vehicle do you own?: 1991

Postby 4doorciv » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:16 am

I have 1997 Honda del sol seats with the red stripe. They sit low compared to the bench and the 1990 plymoth laser seats I had before. A lot more comfortable but a little hard on the outter part of the seat getting in and out, they feel great. I hot em bolted down by 2 bolts but they are actually pretty snug down. Tried rocking em back and fourth and didn't even budge. I used the seat belts from my laser seats in place of the Honda seatbelt clips instead of using the factory aest belt buckles.
-Ryan-
1989 mighty max 4g63 turbo. -down-
1995 Eagle talon tsi awd. -daily-
1992 Honda civic b18c1. -sold-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Postby capev86 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:40 pm

i think the blue factory buckets in the picture of the sport interior in my 87 ram 50 brochure look pretty sharp and comfy. i'd love to have those for my truck, but i may just have the bench seat recovered in some nice soft material as the factory bench seat upholstery does suck, even the mid level "custom" cloth and the seat back is ram rod vertical so i tend to slouch when i'm driving the truck. bucket seats are nice and look sporty when you have a floor shifter (with a real manual trans, not a floor auto or auto-stick crap....waste of space and a total let down to my performance hungry eyes). but i have made use of the extra seating spot on occasion. thankfully it involved two, 100 pound girls so it wasn't "too" cozy. you should convince your sweetie that she just isn't "close" enough to you with bucket seats...LOL
capev86

Engine Size: 2.0
What year vehicle do you own?: 1987

Postby FordTruckMan » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:16 pm

I finally did find me some bucket seats that were in a standard cab mighty max. Someone had saved me the work of taking factory seats and modifiying them for a regular cab. Found them in the junkyard lol.

FordTruckMan

Postby 4doorciv » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:02 pm

Glad to hear. Still like my honda del sol seats though.
-Ryan-
1989 mighty max 4g63 turbo. -down-
1995 Eagle talon tsi awd. -daily-
1992 Honda civic b18c1. -sold-
4doorciv
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4g63
What year vehicle do you own?: 1989

Postby tsiturbomightymax » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:44 am

I love my eclipse/talon seats, had them in my first truck and now my current truck, just love how I can sit where I need to comfortably and my passenger can do the same.

Plus the vinyl bench seat would look great sitting around a fire pit.

ill see if I can find some pics.

Edit: Image
tsiturbomightymax

What year vehicle do you own?: 1993

Postby camoit » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:27 am

I think Beard Racing by far the best thing I have ever passed gas on. But then again I like supension seats. More cushey for the tushey....

insidecamo2326.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Here is my BUILD THREAD.
Live Class 6 off road race truck build. CLICK HERE FOR FEED.

http://www.onsiteconcrete.net
camoit
Admin
Admin

Engine Size: 2.6L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1980

Return to Upholstery, Hardware, Pedals & Windows