2 factory bucket seats reupholstered

Re: 2 factory bucket seats reupholstered

Postby wrngwae » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:43 am

well mike,,,,,,,,,,its your project. is it gonna be a driver or a trailer queen??????? its all up to you my friend. after all it is your money and you have to live with the work that is being done. but i was always told,,,,,,,,,,ya get what you pay for,,,,,,,,, you buy a 5$ pair of shoes you get a 5$ pair of shoes.....just my 2cents......but who cares what i think,,,,,,,,,,,,lol
!!!!Real Trucks Don't Need Spark Plugs!!!!
or Chinese parts!!!!
764  768 
wrngwae
Super Mod
Super Mod

Engine Size: 2.3
What year vehicle do you own?: 1987

Postby mikewarme » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:48 am

I say Tijuana would be cheaper. Is she gonna match your factory seats?
mikewarme

Engine Size: 2.3
What year vehicle do you own?: 1983

Postby 83L200 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:47 pm

mum doin mine, thanks mum :D
83L200
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 4G63
What year vehicle do you own?: 1983

Postby pennyman1 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:58 pm

Are you gonna have some real padding put in those seats? the original padding was very thin and not very confortable after a short ride. Its one of the first things I changed in mine (and have changed several times since). :!: :think:
Pennyman1
Living the D-50 life since 1980
The best Dodge that Dodge never made
pennyman1
VIP
VIP

Postby 79D50 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:08 am

Mike...That is a good price for the seats. Keep in mind I am in Seattle so everything ends up costing me a bit more than you midwest/eastcoast guys but my interior guy will do both seats for $800 bucks. I am also going stock with the original bumblebee patterns on the seats and doorpanels (black and grey, possible black and red). This includes new foam, piping and high grade vinyl. High grade vinyl meaning I am putting in Marine grade which is very UV resistant which decreases fading, cracking, and it keeps the vinyl from drying out. Like Pennyman suggested, the only upgrade is better foam underneath with built up bolsters on the sides and bottom of seat. I will also build up the foam for the lower back - kind of a lumbar support. This keeps the retro look while providing modern comfortability. I would defintely check into building up your foam.

For another $4-500 more I can get the seats covered in leather with alcantra or suede inserts. This would also keep the stock look but would be very plush. I will prolly just stick with vinyl because it is era correct and I dig the vinyl look for old classic cars and trucks.
79D50
Donator
Donator

Return to Upholstery, Hardware, Pedals & Windows