ECLIPSE BUCKETS INTO A 1ST GEN....

ECLIPSE BUCKETS INTO A 1ST GEN....

Postby 80D50SPORT » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:00 pm

OK SO THE FACTORY BUCKETS IN MY D50 ARE SLOWLY GIVING UP THE GHOST ..I WILL ONE DAY HAVE A BUDDY OF MINE REDO THEM ..HE DOES BEAUTIFUL WORK THAT HAS WON SHOWS BUT HE TAKES FOREVER AND DOES NOT LIKE TO BE RUSHED .. I HAD HIM DO THE INTERIOR IN MY 92 TALON TSI BACK IN O1 AND I DIDN'T GET THEM BACK FOR OVER A YEAR AND THEY TURNED OUT FREEAKIN AWSOME ! BUT MEANWHILE I ROBBED THE INTERIOR OUT OF A BUDDY PARTS CAR SO I COULD STILL DRIVE IT ....BUT I DONT HAVE THE LUXURY WITH MY D50.. SOON I WILL START MY 4G SWAP AND WILL PULL THE SEATS AND TAKE THEM TO HIM BUT I NEED TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING MEANWHILE BECUASE I WILL PROBLY FINISH THE SWAP BEFORE I GET THE SEATS BACK... HAS ANYBODY DONE THE ECLISE SEAT SWAP IN A REVERSABLE WAY IN A 1ST GEN?
80D50SPORT

Engine Size: 2.6
What year vehicle do you own?: 1980

Re: ECLIPSE BUCKETS INTO A 1ST GEN....

Postby pennyman1 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:16 pm

I have swapped the seats in my 80 d50 so many times over 30 years that I lost count!!! There are several ways to do it; make adaptor brackets for the eclispe seats to the d50 tracks, or adapt the eclispe seat tracks to the d50 floor mounting holes. I even took one set of tracks and removed the mounting brackets from the d50 buckets and adapted them to the donor seats tracks. I got one set of seat from a guy who had bought a shop truck from a van outfitter; that guy drilled the frame of the seat to match the d50 tracks, then welded bolts to the seat frame so the seat bolted to the tracks. Hope this gives you some ideas.
Pennyman1
Living the D-50 life since 1980
The best Dodge that Dodge never made
pennyman1
VIP
VIP

Return to Upholstery, Hardware, Pedals & Windows