Class 6 Off Road Race Truck D-50 build out. Chevy. 4.3L V6

A place to post a build thread for your 1st Gen truck.
(1979-1986)
Forum rules
Please look carefully at all the Sub Categories and place your question in the most appropriate Sub Category for faster replies. Thank you and enjoy your time here.

Class 6 Off Road Race Truck D-50 build out. Chevy. 4.3L V6

Postby camoit » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:03 pm

Hello. I just found this site and I thought I was the only one left with an old truck. If you are in Sacramento and would like to meat up I'm game. I have an old 1980 D50 Sport 2.6 for the time being. But that is going to change. That is coming out. I will sell off al the extra parts as the swap goes on. I have 2 of everything. Except that junky stock carb. Things that I will have soon have available are. Fresh rebuilt 2.6 L G54B Narrow block with only 37305 miles on it. Doug Thorley header, Holey Webber 2 brl carb manual progressive carb. 2 compleat rear ends. A stock 2.6 L G54B block core never built. Two 5-speed KM-132 Narrow block tranys One is fresh rebuilt with 37305 miles on it. Extra case and gears. 2 fuel tanks. And the list will go on. I think I'm going to be dropping in a Ford small block. But I will see what the others come up with for an Idea in the engine swap thread. It's going to be up you guys to decide. I'm open to all suggestions. I'll start my official thread after I dig the truck out of the garage this Sunday. I finally found a way to get around the 2-year smog crap. So now I’m excited to start working on it again. First thing is to gut the truck, again. This time it’s going to include the wiring harness. I’ll build a totally new truck. After gutting it it’s time to crank up the welder and finish out the roll cage. Send in the $700 back registration fees and she will have current tags again. It’s going to be just like X-mass again. If you are around the Sacramento area and would like to pitch in or buy my extra parts you are more then welcome to.
Last edited by camoit on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here is my BUILD THREAD.
Live Class 6 off road race truck build. CLICK HERE FOR FEED.

http://www.onsiteconcrete.net
camoit
Admin
Admin

Engine Size: 2.6L
What year vehicle do you own?: 1980

Re: D-50 build out. Sacramento Ca.

Postby natureboy » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:27 pm

Welcome to the psych ward. Sounds like quite an ambitious project. Are any of the manual tranny's you have for a 4x4 by any chance? :ugeek:
87 Ram 50 long bed, 2.6l rebuilt, 5 spd, 4x4
natureboy
VIP
VIP

Engine Size: 2.6l
What year vehicle do you own?: 1987

Postby villacorta32 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:26 am

hey man I'm 2 hours away from sac in reno, i'd like to see wut you have done to your truck I'm still far from finishing mine
villacorta32
VIP
VIP

Postby camoit » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:20 pm

Well as for the 4X4 tranys if I would have found this site 4 weeks ago I could have had 2 complete power rams. My concrete yard has a tow company there and they just off loaded them to the wrecking yards or scrappers. I don’t know where they went. At the time I had not made up my mind to on what I was going to do with my truck. They were diesel powered. It took some time but I did get my truck out.
Here is my BUILD THREAD.

camoit
Admin
Admin

Postby mikewarme » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:41 am

camoit wrote:Well as for the 4X4 tranys if I would have found this site 4 weeks ago I could have had 2 complete power rams. My concrete yard has a tow company there and they just off loaded them to the wrecking yards or scrappers. I don’t know where they went. At the time I had not made up my mind to on what I was going to do with my truck. They were diesel powered. It took some time but I did get my truck out.

Now you look here Boy...... Them diesels are worth REAL good money even not running or rusty. You find out where they went please!
mikewarme

Engine Size: 2.3
What year vehicle do you own?: 1983

Postby wrngwae » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:51 am

x2,,,,,,,,,,you just threw away Mitsubishi gold. i would go find them A.S.A.P. they are worth a mint in used parts alone. those heads if good will fetch 300 bucks.....most of the time
!!!!Real Trucks Don't Need Spark Plugs!!!!
or Chinese parts!!!!
764  768 
wrngwae
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikewarme » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:40 am

Forget the heads you redneck! All the other diesel items. They do sell for more than $0.99 TYE :nana:
mikewarme

What year vehicle do you own?: 1983

Postby wrngwae » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:13 am

most of the time i say ,,,,,,,,,most,,,,,,,unless your me than you give stuff away on e-bay..........damn economy
!!!!Real Trucks Don't Need Spark Plugs!!!!
or Chinese parts!!!!
764  768 
wrngwae
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby camoit » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:46 pm

Well If I see any more of them come through there yard I can get them for the price of the tow. The tow company guys are real cool. If I would have known about this site I would have grabbed them. If you want to find them localy go around to the tow companys and talk to them. They will tell you when they clear and can be sold.
Here is my BUILD THREAD.

camoit
Admin
Admin

Postby camoit » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:15 am

The 79 that I have is an Arrow and it has the "truck" style mirrors. Once I get realy moving on the rebuild I will start listing all the parts I will have. If you want the mirrors let me know. Ill get up a pict soon.

Ok everybody I found an engine and trans for the build out. It's a 97 Chevy 4.3 V6 Vortec, and the trany is a Tremec T56 6 speed. I found a guy on craigslist that had the engine. Went to there place up in the foot hills. He had a tweeky friend with the trany. The first thing he asked me, "are you a cop" I guess they herd the scanner in my truck. They wanted $1500.00 for the set but, with some negoation and them thinking I was a cop. I told them I would give them $450.00 and I would forget what they were cooking in the shed out back. You should have seen the look on there face when I said that. They thought they were going to get busted right there on the spot. But I told them I wasn't a cop until tomorrow morning. They were happy to get me a receipt load the stuff in the back of my truck and get me out of there real fast. Little did they know that I just look like a cop. Or if they would have read the side of the truck they would have see it said On Site Concrete Inc. with a phone number. Here is a pict of the parts. You just got to love a tweeker.
Here is my BUILD THREAD.

camoit
Admin
Admin

Next

Return to 1st generation