PDA

View Full Version : need to know left rear turn signal wire color

minimotos95
10-30-2012, 12:19 PM
i haven't posted since the old site(BTW, this is way better then the old site) but i need some help since i can't probe the wires how they are.

i am wiring up a 4 plug trailer harness, i got the right turn signal and brake light all set... i have to have this done before thursday because i'm picking up another mitsu(or VW bug if u-haul asks) thursday and it's tall enough to block the tail lights on the truck

thanks,
Brandon

camoit
10-31-2012, 02:14 PM
The problem is you need the conversion box to run a rental trailer. It will take the 4 wire system that mitsu uses and convert it to the 3 way wiring the trailer will use. The rental place should have them and install them for you. There only like 20 bucks. Or you need to make a set of remote lights that you can hang on the back it the lights can't bee seen from behind.

minimotos95
10-31-2012, 06:47 PM
thanks camoit, i was wondering why there was only one "taillight" wire and no brake wire, that explains that. i actually lucked out and got somebody stupid enough to loan me a diesel f250 so i don't have to risk hurting the mighty max and myself pulling a unbraked 3500lb load up and worse, down a bunch of hills. i guess i will pick up one of those boxes for when the truck is towings other toys.

this all makes me want to pick up a long bed mighty max, do a 2.8td from a l400, dually swap and trailer brakes... enough day dreaming, one project at a time. I should be posting a thread in other vehicles with the new project very soon.