PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Australia!

Daniel85
11-01-2012, 03:53 AM
Hi, My name is Daniel and I am from Adelaide SA Australia.
About a year ago I picked up a 1983 Mitsubishi L200 as they are known as in Aus. Was originally going to be a cheap run about and work horse but have found myself spending more and more money on it and im planning to do a full respray in the original yellow it left the showroom floor in... The ute itself was in quite good nick, very little rust except for the bottom of the front guards/fenders. It has a little over 135,000 orig kms on the clock and is a 5 speed manual. I have replaced the orig am/fm radio with a cd player, installed 6x9"s behind the seat, installed sports steering wheel, tinted the windows and relaced the cracked exhaust manifold with pacemaker headers and a 2" system.
I am on the hunt for both replacement front guards/fenders but have been advised that they are discontinued in Australia.... was wondering if anyone in the states could help. freight is not a problem as my old man imports harley davidsons as well as old school corvettes, trans-ams, silverados and even a new 6.7ltr cummins turbo diesel dodge ram etc from the states and is always sending containers back and forth. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Daniel.

camoit
11-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Welcome to the site.
There are a bunch of guys on here that are looking for parts from AU. I'm sure you will get lots of responses.
Be sure to drop in a line in the Australian connection in the for sale area. So hopefully we can get things rolling now.

irishkael
11-02-2012, 07:17 AM
welcome to the site. hope we can answer all the questions you have.

Natureboy
11-03-2012, 06:38 PM
welcome. I believe you will find the fenders at this site www.rockauto.com. there are other sites that carry them as well.

Daniel85
11-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Thanks guys! Natureboy, I had quick look on rockauto but did not locate any fenders to suit a 83 L200. I did however find a replacement valance which I do need as mine is a little beat up. If ya could drop a few more site names of where i can find fenders that would be great. I also checked out Autozone... Thanks of the help sp far, much appreciated!

camoit
11-03-2012, 09:13 PM
You can try these guys. There local to me. I can always go check things out for you.

http://www.msrecycling.com/mitsubishi/montero.htm

Daniel85
11-03-2012, 10:13 PM
4017 This was as I bought the old girl... Have since tinted the windows with 20% to rear and side windows ans 50% to the windscreen, have lowered but not overly happywith ride height hence why im looking to source some springs etc. I have also installed a sports steering wheel, cd player, speakers behind back seat in boxes, headers and 2" exhaust system. will upload some more recent pics soon.

Natureboy
03-27-2013, 10:09 PM
Sweet looking truck. I love that body style. Miss my 84 4x4