PDA

View Full Version : 1988 dr50 4x4 5speed wont go into gear

Beard86
06-29-2014, 08:38 AM
Need a little help i got a 1988 power ram 50 4x4 from my boss,said it just needed a clutch, so i put one in and it dont want to go in to gear still has a good clutch cable every thing is moving like it should just not releasing please help

Beard86
06-29-2014, 09:40 AM
And i went ahead and got another clutch and put it in incase the first one was bad but still no luck will still go into gear just afraid im gunna break the shifter off trying to

lush90
06-29-2014, 10:29 AM
Do you mean it won't shift at all? I assume the clutch cable has been adjusted. Seems like there have been a few threads on here about cable attachments bending or something. Also, when you pulled the shifter from inside the cab, be sure to inspect the plastic grommet that the shifter seats into, they wear out and make shifting impossible. It looks like a short shotgun shell wad. They are only a few bucks but could be your problem. Hope you get it figured out.

Beard86
06-29-2014, 10:36 AM
Thanks man i will check it out, it will shift but fills like im gunna break the shifter off it sounds like the transmission is not disengageing

camoit
06-29-2014, 07:52 PM
It's the cable adjustment. Under the hood just pull the cable housing down and away from the fire wall. Then while holding it turn the adjuster tell it just about to contact the firewall.