PDA

View Full Version : Anyone done a Double DIN head unit in a Gen 2?

leftfield6
07-31-2014, 07:04 PM
I currently have an aftermarket single DIN sized head unit installed in my 91 Ram50, with the Metra install kit that puts the storage pocket underneath. It LOOKS like a double DIN would fit, but I can't find anyone that lists it as fitting, and no one offers an install kit that I can find. I'm not above fabricating something if needed, but I'm hoping someone has ventured there before me, and I can learn from their mistakes.

Anyone??

94mitz
08-01-2014, 05:39 AM
Ive got a double din tv in mine. Just had to cut the center piece out inbetween the radio and the storage bin. then made some L brackets to mount it up.

DroppedMitsu
08-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Yup, as said our bezel is a double din technically, just need to chop out the center bar between the two slots.

leftfield6
08-05-2014, 02:07 PM
cool, thanks for the posts. I'll be doing this in a few weeks. I'll post up some pics when done

Baumer
05-01-2023, 07:31 PM
I currently have an aftermarket single DIN sized head unit installed in my 91 Ram50, with the Metra install kit that puts the storage pocket underneath. It LOOKS like a double DIN would fit, but I can't find anyone that lists it as fitting, and no one offers an install kit that I can find. I'm not above fabricating something if needed, but I'm hoping someone has ventured there before me, and I can learn from their mistakes.

Anyone??

Did you ever find a Double DIN kit? I have a 90 Ram 50 and I want to put in a double DIN apple Carplay stereo