PDA

View Full Version : I'm a sick, twisted bastard.....

MIHIFISI
09-30-2014, 04:08 PM
Yes, you read right. I just found AND purchased my 3rd MMM in less than 3months. This last find, I purchased because its a 94 Sport. I really wanted power steering, tach, clock and cool factory gauges. has 116k on the clock.
Dont go hatin'

royster
09-30-2014, 05:00 PM
As one sick~twisted bastard to another, I say: EVERYONE should have a spare MM or D-50 hanging around.

We won't go hatin' so long as you post up some pictures so's we can lust, drool, covet and conduct other sick~twisted bastardry passtime activities.

MIHIFISI
09-30-2014, 05:49 PM
The pictures will be rated R, As in these R my parts!!! Picking up the truck on Saturday. Royster, Besides the obvious, what are the other differences between a standard and a sport?

royster
09-30-2014, 06:03 PM
I'm no expert on that, MIHIFISI. I just know the Sport has a great instrument cluster (with tachometer) and nice door panels...all of which I covet. I think it also came with bucket seats, but the :oldtimer: 's can specify better than me: I've only been into D-50's / MM's for a year, now. A year and three weeks, four days and seventeen hours.

BTW, with 116,000 miles on the clock, be sure to check the timing belt FIRST THING. That mileage says it's due up for that servicing (every 60,000 miles).

MIHIFISI
09-30-2014, 06:19 PM
This one has a bech seat!! Sad to say, This one wont be a driver. Looks funny being an automatic!!

pennyman1
10-03-2014, 07:13 PM
sports should have bucket seats, but by now they were probably changed out due to deterioration - it may not even be a mitsu bench. The 2nd gens look odd with the column auto shifter on it - not sure why they went away from the floor auto shifter like the 1st gen. I have 3 trucks also, and a garage attic with lots of spare parts - only way to be sure you have what you need when something breaks.

MIHIFISI
10-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Pennyman1, I must have a unique one then. This is a Sport with all the nice things, Except it has a bench seat that matches the door panels, looking to see if I can find the orange tag that tells me its a LSD!!!

royster
10-07-2014, 12:29 PM
We want photos, MIHIFISI Wise Guy!!! (Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck). Also, are you intending to part any of them out?

MIHIFISI
10-07-2014, 12:29 PM

royster
10-07-2014, 12:30 PM
Damn that was quick :)

MIHIFISI
10-07-2014, 12:40 PM
Ask, and you shall....... well you know.

pennyman1
10-07-2014, 05:54 PM
apparently, in the later years mitsu downgraded the sport model to bench seats - I have seen several on ebay and all have a bench seat. Mitsu really went stripper in the last couple of years of these trucks to try and appeal to the economy buyer.

BradMph
10-07-2014, 07:18 PM
I think what happen with sports was they installed a bench seat with individual headrest and were very close to buckets. Sports did come with bench seats and some even had a pull down in between the driver and passenger seats to rest your arm on. Those were some of the more fancier seats though. I think it's what the customer wanted that made the seat installation as well as if it was a dodge or Mitsubishi. I think the dodges had the buckets mostly and Mitsubishis rolled in the bench seats. If not mistaken the d50 were more expensive too.

Your right Pennyman, The bench seats were in the Mitsubishi in the later years and probably because of money issues.

thehive
10-09-2014, 08:16 AM
Pennyman1, I must have a unique one then. This is a Sport with all the nice things, Except it has a bench seat that matches the door panels, looking to see if I can find the orange tag that tells me its a LSD!!!

it's either on the door jam or on the rear pumpkin as a tag. being that it's a autotragic i doubt it has a LSD in it, they wouldn't put them in the all 4x4's so i don't see why a automatic truck would get one.

i searched and searched too for a factory LSD and never found one lol i just ended up breaking down a buying a aftermarket POWER BRUTE posi.
this is the cheapest i was able to find them on the net http://www.thejeephut.com/power-brute-limited-slip-differential-dodge-d50-mitsubishi-by-precision-gear/

great unit, very well built. installed without any hang-ups.

MIHIFISI
10-09-2014, 10:37 AM
Hive, that's why you are the MAN!!

thehive
10-10-2014, 07:25 AM
i try and help where i can