PDA

View Full Version : Headlight switch, help!!!

Huettmike
08-09-2016, 10:15 AM
Just bought my 92 mighty max and the twist function for the headlights is toast. What wires should I be concentrating on in order to just throw a toggle switch in to control "on/off"??

camoit
08-13-2016, 08:20 PM
So what you are saying is the dimmer for the dash is not working????

Huettmike
08-15-2016, 07:42 AM
No its the column switch twist funtion, the dimmer is fine

pennyman1
08-15-2016, 06:23 PM
look for the thread on here for a replacement assembly for $55.00 - they are good quality.

Steezy710
02-17-2020, 05:26 PM
So what you are saying is the dimmer for the dash is not working????

Ive searched for what feels like forever. My dimmer switch isn’t working properly. Fuse in #1 is good. The dash lights only illuminate when the dimmer switch it turned all the way on. If I try to dim them down at all they go off completely. Where should I start to fix this? I’m putting led bulbs in the cluster and would like to be able to dim them.

Also, my interior dome light doesn’t work. Could that be the problem?

92 mightymax.
thank you!

geezer101
02-17-2020, 07:47 PM
The dome light is on another circuit. Check for power at the dome light connection and at the door valet switch. If the door valet switch is crusty, it will stay open circuit and not set off the dome light. Also check the dome light switch as they can go funky as well. The dimmer probably has a break in the resistor field and won't make a connection until it hits the live end of the switch. You should get away with not running an extra resistor in the dimmer circuit as the T10 LED's have a resistor soldered into the base of the wedge. Remember the LED's are polarity sensitive so they all have to go in the same way or they won't power up. I had a quick search for a dimmer switch online and came up nada :shakehead:

SubGothius
02-20-2020, 12:42 AM
In my experience, gauge dimmers for incandescent bulbs hardly affect LEDs at all, so you may as well just bypass the sketchy dimmer entirely by disconnecting the two wires from it and reconnecting them directly.