PDA

View Full Version : Trying to decide on 4g63t or volkswagon tdi

Davenbomb
09-26-2016, 10:37 AM
Trying to decide if I want to go with a 4g3t or a Volkswagon tdi engine the tdi engine would have plenty of power and good fuel mileage and I can find plenty of the tdi engines around where I live but I can't find many of the 4g63t or many eclipse parts around me
the truck I have is a 1991 mighty max automatic no engine and no trans I have them but the motor is not rebuildable and the transmission needs rebuilt. The aftermarket is pretty strong for the tdi

Uncle Spence
09-27-2016, 07:15 AM
I'm intrigued if you pull it off with the tdi engine. I've seen some in vanagons and tacomas but always wondered why no one tried to put one in a mighty max. I would have to also strongly agree that there is a large enough following worldwide when it comes to the tdi engine, that you will likely never have any problems finding engine parts.

Davenbomb
09-27-2016, 10:10 AM
I am thinking about using a ford ranger transmission im trying to not have to modify the transmission tunnel

chardog1971
10-14-2016, 11:09 AM
do you know if the ranger tranny bolts right up to the TDI engine? I just scored an 87 MM with a questionable engine. It runs but, not very well. I thought it would be a good candidate for a diesel swap. I also thought about going with a VW VR6 which should have the bolt pattern of the TDI.