PDA

View Full Version : Engine build.

Gsprusty
03-29-2017, 04:01 PM
The winter in the North East has been so long this year. I was kicking around the idea of building/rebuilding an L4 engine to pass the time next winter. I have a 91 mighty max with only 100000 miles on it. It's barely broken in. I don't have a garage to work in just and just a small shop in the basement. Anyone out there have some good websites and / or literature suggestions please post here. All advise, and sugestions are appreciated. Thanks. Gs.

geezer101
03-29-2017, 08:25 PM
Another Mitsu 4 cylinder? If you want to build something bomb proof and are ready to try it out, look up Jafromobile on YT. This guy knows how to build an engine and will not only show you what to do but the theory behind it. He is right into DSM/Evo engines but even if you aren't game to build a twin cam turbo monster, his tips and techniques go a really long way into building a decent engine. Porting, polishing, block preparation, taking measurements, improving oil flow, the smartest way to spend money on shop work etc. Really helpful. :thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Jafromobile