PDA

View Full Version : Lift Kit for Second Gen

Salteen
03-27-2020, 08:26 AM
As most of yall already kow, I own a 1987 Dodge PR 50. Its 4x4, gonna get a Dual Hiroshima Hairdryer Dodge V6 in it (twin turbos) among other things. I would like a fun daily driver that I can take offroad and have fun with. I got the head for the 4 banger back and it was perfect, 100% 'condition' if you will. Passed the leak down test with absolutely 0 leak. That said: I have noticed that my torsion bars (beams) are turned all the way in on one side and all the way out the other, and it wouldnt sit level with a factory replacement. I would like to lift the truck 4 inches after level, so that I can fit larger wheels and tires (also going bigger brakes, possibly rear disc brakes, so I need bigger wheels). Does anyone know of a lift kit for this truck? If anyone can find one I would appreciate it, all I have been getting through google is toyota parts. Please dont give me the run around about the downsides, I didnt start this thread for debate, I just need help lifting it, I dont need help deciding if I should lift it.

That said, has anyone lifted their truck with aftermarket parts? If so what does it take to level the truck and what does it take to lift it 4 inches? Thanks! -Paul

tortron
03-27-2020, 12:16 PM
https://www.ebay.com.au/b/Lift-Kits-for-1995-Mitsubishi-Triton/33585/bn_7019043897

can also lift space the suspension mounts but im not sure how that would change the geometry

you can use any similar polyurethane spacers for the body.

Salteen
03-27-2020, 02:07 PM
Didnt know Triton stuff would fit! I'll try to find the same stuff in USD and I'll order it, Thanks man!

geezer101
03-27-2020, 02:19 PM
Mitsubishi sold these trucks under a bunch of different names _ L200, Strada, Animal, Triton, Savanna...

Salteen
03-28-2020, 09:21 PM
Ah, I see now! I would t have thought so because it doesnt seem fitting for a dodge truck to swap out with stuff not sold in the US, but now that you mention it, it kinda makes sense.