PDA

View Full Version : Stock Jack for 2nd Gen Mighty Max?

dirtreynolds
04-17-2020, 05:25 PM
Hi all! So in pulling apart the entire interior of my '94 Mighty Max I discovered the two spots under the seat where the jack and corresponding parts are supposed to go. Not sure if it matters that mine is a 4x4 in this particular case. I thought I had the original stuff, but now I'm not so sure. Does anyone have photos of what the original jack kit is supposed to look like and how it's supposed to fit under the seat? The first photo is what I have, the second is passenger's side, the third is driver's side. It also looks like the tab for holding the jack under the driver's side is bent, but that'll get fixed at a later date.

tortron
04-17-2020, 11:02 PM
Looks about right. This has been covered a few times.on the forum if you do a search

dirtreynolds
04-18-2020, 04:48 PM
Looks about right. This has been covered a few times.on the forum if you do a search
Thank you! I’m still getting the hang of things around here, thanks for being patient!

MrPaco
04-19-2020, 07:30 PM
This is what mine look like, on an early 2nd gen. A little different than yours, although the spots were they go look the same. The tire iron and the long piece (used to pump the jack and also to lower the spare tire) fit on the first bracket you show, the jack goes on the other one.
So either the changed the equipment in later years, but didn't change the brackets, or yours where replaced at some point.
Hope that helps.

camoit
04-20-2020, 04:54 PM
Should be a hydraulic bottle jack that is telescopic. I don't think the second gens has a crank up.

dirtreynolds
04-29-2020, 04:33 PM
Thanks again for the replies! I'm gonna guess that the originals were lost and these are replacements based on what you guys are saying. The odds of finding originals is probably pretty low, but it certainly would be cool!