PDA

View Full Version : What is my 92 mighty max worth?

Montanamightymax
07-16-2020, 08:08 AM
Hey everyone! New to this blog so sorry if I’m not posting in the right place.

I’ve had a lot of offers on my 92 2.4L Mighty Max but not even listing it, just random people that see it. I have no clue, if I would even sell it, what is is worth. I’ve seen crappy 88’s go for 5,000. I figured I’d go to the place where people who know these cars can give their feedback. Again, not sure if I even want to, but it’s nice to know price point if it ever comes to that. Thanks ahead of time for the input!!

details:
107,000miles
runs great
new paint job
replaced fuel filters/maintance parts
Upgraded bumpers
new radiator/timing belts
rwd

Chargerx3
07-16-2020, 08:21 AM
Really depends on your area and the buyer. I see people list them for little and some a lot. to get 5k for a nearly 30 year old truck might take some time. If you had sportier wheels then you might have an easier time selling. Spoke wheels were never a thing for that truck.

geezer101
07-16-2020, 03:00 PM
As Chargerx3 has pointed out, it's purely subjective. I think we saw one come up at a dealership for $13k at one point but it was all original and had done minimal miles. There isn't any money in flipping cars unless the guy doing it is a scam artist and the buyer hasn't looked over the potential investment properly to see how poorly the car/truck has been cobbled together, or the car is is rare enough to validate the price.

maxdsm
07-21-2020, 10:44 PM
This all depends on a lot of factors. Most 1980 and 90 a vehicles are getting scarce because of the being crushed or beat down and busted by the owner . These trucks are worth something not solely because of looks but because of functionality and cheap insurance . They pay there load 10 fold .I really wouldn't want to sell it because of the work I've put into it knowingly it will pay me back as a hauler. You cann keep them up for relatively cheap as parts are common .Not really a collectors truck but a truck for hauling and tinkering. So there are may variations to what one is worth due to the buyer and seller and its condition and mileage. If I had to say a price range without looking the vehicle over would be in the 2-3k price range maybe more but most people will low ball you seeing they just want a nice truck they can destroy hauling and driving till it explodes doing very little to no maintenance to .

maxdsm
07-21-2020, 10:49 PM
Agree here chargerx3 ....but most buyers are going to change the wheels regardless and you wont get you money back in wheels or tires .there's a ton of stock options on wheels that might attract a buyer more on a truck like this but again I would be willing that you wont get a return in investment on that

Chargerx3
07-22-2020, 08:15 AM
Agree here chargerx3 ....but most buyers are going to change the wheels regardless and you wont get you money back in wheels or tires .there's a ton of stock options on wheels that might attract a buyer more on a truck like this but again I would be willing that you wont get a return in investment on that

Ive sold quite a few cars and a small investment in wheels and tires does go a long way. Doesnt have to be crazy, just something current and tasteful.

SubGothius
07-23-2020, 10:48 PM
Bolt pattern's common enough you may even come out ahead by swapping wheels and then selling the spoke wheels separately.

claych
07-26-2020, 02:11 PM
^^^
Spoke Hubcaps ???