PDA

View Full Version : Question about strange tube that leads into fire wall?

Kyhek
09-09-2021, 04:15 PM
Hello everyone! I just got a 90 Mighty Max yesterday and I noticed just a few minutes ago that there's a tube dumping some fluid onto the ground. I've got an idea as to what it may be, but I just wanted to ask here to be sure. It's a black rubber hose on the passenger side and faces down to the ground and has some kind of nozzle at the end and doesn't appear to connect to anything. Following the hose up, it goes through the firewall on the passenger side. The fluid is thin and appears to be yellowish, but that might be because of the plywood it landed on. The fluid doesn't smell like much of anything and is really thin, I'm thinking its maybe water? If anyone knows for sure then please let me know. Thank you!

Here is a link to images I took of the hose: https://imgur.com/a/L0NpdyO

tortron
09-09-2021, 04:58 PM
aircon drain?

SubGothius
09-09-2021, 05:56 PM
Yup, seems like that'd be the A/C condensation drain. The evaporator coil inside the cabin HVAC box condenses moisture out of humid air, so that water has to drain out somewhere, hence the hose.

Kyhek
09-10-2021, 02:04 AM
Yup, seems like that'd be the A/C condensation drain. The evaporator coil inside the cabin HVAC box condenses moisture out of humid air, so that water has to drain out somewhere, hence the hose.

Ah alright, I figured thats what it could be for, though I’ve never heard of this before. Thank you for the explanation as well!