PDA

View Full Version : sliding back glass

mllrtm79
02-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Was a sliding back window an option on the ram 50s or is there a sliding glass that will drop in from another application? Having no a/c is ok, but I would appreciate a little more airflow.

abeemanator
02-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Yes, I bought a sliding glass window from an 1988 and put it in my 1987, they have both a double slider that slides apart, and one that is designed like newer sliding windows with one sliding window, that is harder to break into.

camoit
02-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Pennyman1 has the best one. It's a bending rear window. Rare as F*** to find. But it was the best looking ever made. Regular sliders are still available from my supplier New in the box. Shipped to you. If you want I can get a price.

lush90
02-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Please describe the "bending rear window", never heard of such a thing!

camoit
02-06-2012, 11:49 PM
Look at pennyman1 truck on the front page. It bends.... it's just bad ass... I can't describe it but it does. The glass will flex. If he ever gets his pictures up of his build he might have a good picture of it. Look in his profile in his gallery. He has a pict in there of it.

Fordubishi
02-07-2012, 01:28 AM
they still make them for the first and sec gen http://www.crlaurence.com/crlapps/showLine/default.aspx?GroupID=1373&History=30587:21770:1336:21770&pom=0

pennyman1
02-08-2012, 05:09 PM
The window in Geronimo is called a LeVan Flex Thru window - it is made out of tempered glass and both sides bend out from the middle. It was made back in the 83-84 timeframe for all the popular mini trucks. It was pulled from the market because it broke very easily if not handled very carefully. Mine sat on a shelf for years because the frame was not made right to fit the window opening - I had to build the lower corners out 1 1/2" and radiused to match the stock window to get it to seal. I put it in because Mini Truckin said if anyone had a truck with one installed, they would do a feature on it. So far, the main editor has changed twice, and I still can't get them to even look at Geronimo when they're at a show I am at. I will post more pics of it once the temperature stays above 40 degrees so I can open both sides at the same time. It is also supposed to be able to be removed completely, but I couldn't get it to slide like it should, so I left it alone. It's one of many old skool mods and parts I accumulated over the years.

lush90
02-11-2012, 10:18 AM
Now that is pretty wild! Can honestly say I have never seen anything like it.

Fordubishi
02-11-2012, 12:54 PM
No Idea if there still around but put a powered lift (limo style) rear window in an 87 Ranger. The kit came with the tracks, motor, and gaskets. just think of a power sun roof placed vertically.

pennyman1
02-11-2012, 05:12 PM
I have seen toyota owners take a 4runner back window and install it in the truck to do that also - it eats up space behind the seat to put in the hardware for the conversion. CR Laurence also made power sliders for some trucks, just not ours.