PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Mighty Max 6G72 Rebuild Kit

Geoff
11-04-2022, 09:32 PM
Hi All,

I think it might be time for me to consider an engine rebuild on my 1992 3.0l 6G72 V6 Mighty Max. Gurgle (and other search engines) return garbage results for this query. It’s mostly Summit, Carid, Autozone, etc. None of which offers a solution. They’ve simply paid a fee to move to the front of the line for any auto parts search query. Surprisingly, EBay and Amazon have kits, however, I don’t trust the quality - right or wrong. Can anyone recommend a source for a rebuild kit or some place to piece-meal a kit? My presupposition is that a cylinder hone is all that is necessary for my engine and that stock components will work. I’ll know more when/if I tear into it but I think standard is a good place to start.

It’s surprisingly difficult to find info on the web these days. It’s cluttered with crap, and not just for obscure Mitsubishi trucks. I’m thinking about a gen 1 Nissan Frontier build. It’s almost as frustrating as trying to find gen 2 MM parts. Preaching to the choir, I know.

Thanks,
Geoff

SubGothius
11-05-2022, 02:16 PM
Helpful tip for "Gurgle" -- these days by default it guesses at what it thinks you might've meant, rather than just finding your exact search terms as-entered like it used to, and that's why it returns garbage results when you know exactly what you're looking for and how to enter exact keywords for it. To get the no-guesswork results, add allintext: (with the colon) to your search terms, or when you get the guesswork garbage results, click Tools in the top header, then below that click All Results and select Verbatim.

Chargerx3
11-10-2022, 07:54 AM
Rockauto.