Not a ton of progress lately. We have been swamped with new orders and builds. I have been collecting more parts and have repaired a few small fixes - nothing big.

The last owner sure didn't know what he was doing with it. The base timing was set at over 20* Adv. You could hear it detonating on a hard pull in every gear. It's insane though that it kept on running so well. I am averaging 30-32 MPG now which is awesome.

Here is a quick shot of the bump stops removed for reference. Like I posted above, you can reuse the split washer and nut from the bump stops as long as you get the same size hardware (12mm x 1.25 x 40mm). Make sure you add a flat washer at the top like so.

20140221_133855.jpg

I cut off a bit more than one coil when I dropped it, and I rarely smack the control arm into the coil bucket. I think I was making a hard right out of a gas station over a dip at the entrance and that was enough to smack it. It takes a bit of effort to do it.

I found some scrap left over from an intercooler piping job we did for a customer and made an intake. It's not one of our production intakes, but it will do for this engine until I get it swapped. The truck has a much stronger pull to it now and the little extra bit of growl under the hood is cool. It's a nice touch at least.

20140224_170453.jpg

Will post more as it happens.