Thanks guys.

Array
    Status
    delavan wi
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    What year cas do you have? I have 93 cas and my clip broke trying to figure out the wire order

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    I have a 92. Can't remember if the 93 is different or not.

Array
    Status
    delavan wi
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Does it plug into the cas or does it have the wires coming out to plug in?

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Plugs into the cas

Array
    Status
    delavan wi
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Ok that is the one I have what is the order of the wires in the plug?

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    according to the manual starting from the end with two notches its white-black-red-black. Can't check my truck as the wiring is covered.

Array
    Status
    delavan wi
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Thanks that will help one I put my backup head on the block

Array
    Status
    Stuarts Draft, Va.
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    you sir are one of my max/ram50 heroes. I've read this thread over at least 5 times and it still isn't getting old. I love knowledging myself on any project or hobby I get myself into and now owning one of these trucks I'm fully committed to learning everything I can about everything even if its not on my to-do list. I've had some ideas of my own simply though observation, I don't jump into researching my ideas right off however, I try to trouble shoot and brainstorm my ideas and determine rather its a viable upgrade then I jump on research. i.e. I found cross drilled and slotted rear discs for a half-ton Chevy, same 6x5.5 so that's easy enough, caliper brackets eh no big, but I'm wondering of a good donor booster, why have big brakes all around without some good power to them, what booster do you run? anyone else have brake mods? cause these stockers suck testicles!

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Booster is not what you'll have to worry about, just a bigger bore m/c to move more fluid to the brakes according to another builder on here. Our trucks have a 15/16 bore, you can run a montero sport with 1" bore or 3000gt vr4 with 1 1/16" bore. I'm not that far yet but will most likely run the 1 1/16 as I am going to be running rear disc too later on. Merrill on the forums has a build thread going right now with a brake upgrade going on, think he is going to use 3000gt calipers also

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Hope the bagging is going great. Seems your truck is in the build process so much your not getting the required enjoyment you deserve.
    I guess you have to install some skid plates or post too with the bagging? I think I read something about titanium post used to prevent the frame from being damaged by some unforseen obstacle.
    Well keep us up on the progress, you should be excited towards the completion...I sure would!

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Thanks Brad Its going pretty well. Front just needs to be smoothed out and primed/painted/powder coated. And I just ordered the majority of metal and 4-link parts I need so I should be starting on the rear very soon. Hope to have it driving by the end of this month/beginning of next month but we'll see about that.
    You don't really need any skid plates or anything unless your tank is real low and you might want to cover it. I think you mean drag blocks though, and people use those is they want to drag their trucks and make sparks and not damage their frames or anything.
    You're right though I haven't got to enjoy it the last year but it will be everything I've wanted for my truck once it is finished and I can enjoy it.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    pulled my motor out so I could finish welding up my lower control arm brackets and get everything smoothed and painted. Should have the front end painted and mosly assembled next weekend.

Array
    Status
    Tampa Florida
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by DroppedMitsu View Post
    Got a new all aluminum radiator for the truck, the old one was falling apart and I think leaking a little too. This one was $135 shipped, got it from sheperdautoparts.com , they are also on ebay for a little more depending on which truck you have. It is of pretty good quality and definitely cant complain for the price, everything fit like the OEM one also.

What radiator fan is that sourced from....make and model?

I saw where you got the radiator from did u get the fan from there to?

Nice build by the way!!

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Its a spal, autolite or the like aftermarket fan.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Been a while since an update, finally got something worth showing. Passenger side is pretty much all done in terms of welding, smoothing, and painting. Also finished up getting the vr4 calipers and 12.5" rotors mounted. I powder coated the calipers a high temp metallic bronze, I think it looks pretty sweet.Still need to install the vr4 master cylinder and make the lines to the calipers.

Fills the voids left by the 18s real well.

Tucking just a little bit of rim

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Very nice! I like them wheels, they look get tucked. What size are they?

Array
    Status
    Durham, NC
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    That looks really good!

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Thank you guys. The rims are 18x8 +45 offset

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Oh that is going to look so nice when it's done. Your handy work looks professional and clean. Them wheels are pretty sweet all by themselves. What kind driveway finish is that called...?
    Le' Riverbed! You have been working on that truck in them rocks this entire time? oh man you must have sore feet, back, legs. Grab some old carpet from the back of a rug store and throw it over them rocks. That kind of surface would kick my ass if I had to do work on my truck like that.

Remember on your maiden voyage after the rebuild to drive somewhere where no one else is until; your comfy. I know at least 3 people that did an ultimate build and soon as they drove it on the street it was right in front of another vehicle or they forgot to stop at a sign. One of the guys had a classic vette completely redone from top to bottom. He started it and rolled out driveway in front of a truck and totalled it. His dad was watching and just shook his head when it happened, lol.
    Your going to have a great time with your truck...keep us updated!

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Thanks for the kind words brad. That's the side of my garage, all of the critical measuring work and welding was done inside of the garage on the pretty level ground. The finish welding, grinding, blasting and painting was done on the rocks, doesn't bother me too much and I do have padded mats and carpet to throw down when I need. I live out in the country so my truck always gets its test drives on empty roads.

Array
    Status
    Wauchope, New South Wales, Australia
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Triton
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by DroppedMitsu View Post
    Here's what I've been working on lately, a big brake kit for our trucks. I'm going to be using 3000gt VR4 4 piston calipers and 12.5" rotors. I've almost got it finished, I have my test bracket made and it all lines up pretty good, just need to make my final version for both sides. I'm planning on making a setup for 6-lug too as my buddy plans to keep his truck 6 lug and wants a kit. Hit me up if you guys have any questions.
    Hi Josh...How are you going on the brake upgrade? I am in Oz and have been doing some research on this but striking blanks everywhare with rotors etc. I tried to resurrect the Big Rotor thread to see what people have come up with. I have been in contact with Rahtid and he has shown me some of the things that he has done...he is still trying to find some rotors...Fishpost19 is in Australia too but his is on the back burner at the moment due to other projects getting more of his attention and money... I am interested in 6 lug like your friend...I have a 2WD Macro cab (club Cab here) like yours and want to do a front disc upgrade...would love to know if it has progressed to being available soon...
    A place here in Oz (hopper.com.au) have a 300 mm kit for L200/L300. I rang them and asked if they will fit the 2nd gen trucks like ours...they said only if the stub axel was the same on both the first gen and the second gen....do you know if it is? Theirs is a 5 lug kit using Ford Falcon (aussie made) calipers and I think a 5 lug Commodore disc and a conversion hub that is custom...That is all I know until I can confirm whether the stub axles are the same or not...

cheers

John

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    spindles (stub axles) are the same from 76 to at least 93, the only difference is where the caliper location is on the spindle.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Quote Originally Posted by woodrat View Post
    Hi Josh...How are you going on the brake upgrade? I am in Oz and have been doing some research on this but striking blanks everywhare with rotors etc. I tried to resurrect the Big Rotor thread to see what people have come up with. I have been in contact with Rahtid and he has shown me some of the things that he has done...he is still trying to find some rotors...Fishpost19 is in Australia too but his is on the back burner at the moment due to other projects getting more of his attention and money... I am interested in 6 lug like your friend...I have a 2WD Macro cab (club Cab here) like yours and want to do a front disc upgrade...would love to know if it has progressed to being available soon...
    A place here in Oz (hopper.com.au) have a 300 mm kit for L200/L300. I rang them and asked if they will fit the 2nd gen trucks like ours...they said only if the stub axel was the same on both the first gen and the second gen....do you know if it is? Theirs is a 5 lug kit using Ford Falcon (aussie made) calipers and I think a 5 lug Commodore disc and a conversion hub that is custom...That is all I know until I can confirm whether the stub axles are the same or not...

cheers

John
    I have barely got my big brakes setup. I still need to do the driver's side. I do not plan to sell any kits or make a 6 lug any time soon. Merrill on this board might be of more help as he has a shop and more resources as well as also building a big brake kit

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast