Well holy buckets! I wasn't planning on starting this build thread until May but the planets have aligned and I am starting sooner than planned. How often does that happen?! I am headed to go and get my donor truck this morning (leaving from Nebraska and headed to Utah). Then headed back the following morning with the truck in tow.
Here's the background. I bought Wallace on October 13, 2011 and it has been a great truck. I've really only had two issues with the truck and they always turned out to be simpler than what I had expected. Since owning it I've driven about 40,000 miles all over the west and midwestern states. Since moving to Nebraska, where it is a little more humid than Idaho, Wallace's body has shown some pretty serious rust issues, and just in the past year I have had some new air cooling at my feet! So a year ago I went on the hunt for a new truck. I found this black truck in Boise, Idaho last March and bought it off the guy for $1600. It has over 200k but it has been very well maintained. When I had it on a lift I couldn't find a single spot of rust. For the price and quality of truck, I really feel like I got a screaming deal.
So the plan now is to take the motor and drive chain from Wallace and swap it into the black pick-up. Sounds easy enough right!? Wallace has just been too fine of a truck to not keep alive, so I'm gonna try to keep it around for a good while longer. So this officially starts my build thread! I'm pretty excited and have committed to not cutting my hair until the swap is complete. I also would really like to have it done before my second child comes which is in June!

KIMG0878.jpgKIMG0452.jpgWallace.jpg

I'll keep you all posted!