So I started down the route of fitting Montero calipers to my build but I have run into some snags that I hope someone else has come to a solution with. 1G Ram 50 with OEM hubs and 1994 Montero Sport calipers is what I'm working with.
First of all, when the caliper moves there is only about a eighth of a inch of movement before it comes into contact with the steering knuckle as shown with the red arrow, the spot that it contacts is shown with the blue circle.
Also it becomes another issue because it will start to make contact with the steering boot if it goes much further, shown in yellow.
IMG_20170830_213005.jpg
My thoughts where to cut the bolt some more but there isn't much more that I can go before the bolt becomes unusable in the future.
So then I thought I would shave some of the caliper off so the bolt could sit further down but that creates two problems. 1. The little slot that the boot fits into becomes to close to the mounting bracket and 2. its at risk for the bolt to bottom out in the hole.

I also was thinking, the thread I read where someone did this I think was using a second gen. Are the second gen hubs and steering knuckle different than first gens? is that my issue?

Any advice is hugely appreciated!!!