not sure what im messing up, sometimes the images emebed, sometimes they link

anyways lets try those 4 again

Honestly it kept me awake last night trying to figure out how to make the rear end look less bad.
i was looking for universal plastic rear fenders, and cheap ones off wrecked bikes i could go and measure up.

then i realised, ehh i already have a partly chopped up one, no loss in chopping it up more.
After sitting on a crate and looking at it while drinking my coffee, and looking up other bikes. i came to the realisation that the fender just looks wrong. Its for a much wider tyre. So i measured my front fender (both wheels and tyres are now the same size) and it came out at 100mm wide. I think it looks pretty decent. So i measured the rear fender - 160mm wide.
no bueno

I figure a rear fender should be a little bigger than a front one, to give the bike some form of directional presence. So i decided to lop off 35mm from the middle of it (just happens to be 2 strips of masking tape). This gives 125mm width, and will be good if i want to go up a tyre width in the future.

Honestly much better. Now the light isnt lost in the wide expanse

Will weld it up today and figure out a underseat shield, as i already cut some out of this one to make an under seat storage area which was ok for a mk1 but needs more work, might make something out of the spare plastic engine shield i have left over from it