I was asked to post a page on my build. I will do my best, but I'm better at wrenching in the garage than I am at taking pictures, posting and giving descriptions. Actually I have never really ever posted in any forum, so please bear with me.

My dad bought this truck brand new in '86 and it's was I learned to drive when I turned 16 in 1991. I have kept the truck all this time although it has been in storage for the past two and a half decades.

IMG_20180903_115339.jpg

This is the garge where the swap is taking place, it's small and generally a mess as you can see, but it's heated and fits everything I need.

image.jpg

The first test fit I set the engine by aligning the 904 with the stock automatic transmission mount as I've seen most other people have.

IMG_20181001_082629.jpg

Although this approach would make things easier as far as shift linkage, drive shaft and etc.... I felt better getting the engine to sit back as far as possible without serious firewall modifications. What I found was if I used the original D-50's automatic transmission mount (the soild block that bolts to the trans) 180° it moved the engine back two inches. Sorry no good pictures of this, but if someone is doing this you might get what I'm talking about.
IMG_20181121_173907.jpg

I had to use button head bolts for this to work. They we're a bit difficult to find, but I did get them from http://mmsacc-stainless.com/.
IMG_20181121_174329.jpg

Since these bolts are no longer accessable I drilled holes in the cross member to access the two regular bolts that go in from the bottom.
IMG_20181121_174555.jpg