I joined this forum in Aug 2018 desperate for a hard to find flexplate. After a member ( haruman ) came to my rescue I have been hard at work turning my little forgotten Montero backyard find into a daily driver. Here are some photos from the process.
Montero nap.jpg Brought from California to rest here in Arizona for about 20 years before I found it.
montero awake.jpgNew shoes after lots of work and test drives. Cleaned up those old Enkies for some classic appeal.
montero carb.jpgThe only way to go, right! Original carb had no chance at a second life. It was rough but I still have it if anyone needs parts.
montero hvac.jpgHeater core sprung a leak and without an evaporator in sight I decided to ax the whole unit for a Vintage Air. Didn't hurt that I'm a Vintage Air dealer. ( mock up box seen here ).
montero vintage mox box.jpgFit almost perfect
montero b silent.jpgDue to coolant getting everywhere under the carpet I pulled it all out and decided to sound deaden to floor and roll out all new jute padding.
montero progress.jpgLate night working on the floor but like I said I'm driving it daily so I got either keep going or drive it half finished. As you can see the Vintage Air tubing is hanging unfinished. Gotta pull the dash one last time then that'll be nice and tidy.
montero and friends.jpgA photos with friends
monty and kiwi.jpg
monty and red.jpg
montero with ruger.jpg

Thanks again to you all at mightram50 for your help. I've been enjoying my Montero so much that I rarely touch my other two vehicles. If there are any parts that you see I'm not using and you need them please ask and I'll gladly part with them. I wasn't prepared to make this a whole build thread tonight but I'll keep posting progress photos from time to time.