Thread: Installed LED headlights, now my turn signals/flashers don’t work...ideas??

Array
    Status
    Columbus, IN
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Arrow Installed LED headlights, now my turn signals/flashers don’t work...ideas??

Looked On here briefly but didn’t see this same issue. Which honestly surprised mesothelioma how many people run these led style lights. Anyways, The fuse seems to be fine? But right after I installed them, the signals stopped working. Not sure what to think and was wondering if you guys had any pointers!?

they are the cheap plug and play type from amazon. Had the same style on a Jeep a while back and they worked great. Don’t know if I’d trust them forever in a daily driver but for this application I think they will work well! Just need to get the signals working again...

Array
    Status
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    It may be a coincidence that the signals stopped working. Turn try the 4-way flashers on and off a few times. If that doesn’t work, pull the switch and test it using an Ohm meter. The signals are wired through the 4-way flasher switch so if the switch's contacts are poor due to lack of use, it will cause the signals to fail.
    Last edited by FMS88; 02-10-2020 at 07:58 AM.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    It's a coincidence. You may have disturbed the wiring during the headlight swap but the reduction of load on the electrical system should've improved the lighting circuits - not nerfed them. I don't think they share a ground/earth connection...

Array
    Status
    Columbus, IN
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Thanks guys! I’ll look into that. Definitely possible I disturbed the wiring. I’ll dig into it as soon as I get some spare time and report back!