Array
    Status
    Greenville SC
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Crankcase ventilation

My PCV valve has oil in the line, which means its getting into my intake mani. I replaced the original leaky PCV and the new one I installed is getting the same blowby. I removed the new one thinking it was bad out of the box but when I shook it and blew into it i could hear the valve rattle. Im wondering if my stock 4g64 has a crank breather element I need to change but I cannot find it. Any insight from you fine fellows?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    There aren't any other valves or elements into the intake mani. The PCV's have a relatively weak spring in them so they will rattle when agitated (like me lol) Try an engine flush - if your piston rings are getting gummed up from crap and carbon they won't seal properly. It's worth a shot and is cheaper than a re-ring (my next suggestion...) I use a fresh blend of diesel fuel and engine oil and run it for a day before dumping the lot and refilling with clean oil.

Link to my method is here - http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...ll=1#post49688

Best way to know what you're getting yourself into is a compression test. If compression is still down after the flush it may be time for a re-ring and deglazing the bores with a light hone.

Array
    Status
    Ca
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Nevertk,
    I will ck My '93 (4g64) & report back as soon as I can.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    The PCV valve is basically a regulated vacuum leek. Getting oil through the line is normal and won’t hurt anything. The breather line goes to the air cleaner. The reason we draw air through the PCV is to prevent moisture in the engine. If you ever owned a VW bug you know all about moisture in the crank case. They didn’t have a PCV system
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Greenville SC
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Thanks for the insight fellas ill try the flush first. I dont have the equipment to do a compression test sadly. Iv ben driving it around and it runs good. It just coughs a puff of smoke on startup that clears up after a minute or so. My first reaction was to check the PCV. I actually just tore the interior out yesterday so I can get some fresh carpet, shampoo my seat, fix the seatbelts, and replace or repair the heater core. While its apart I figured id take the pcv out and check my plugs aswell.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    The smoke is probably a bad valve seal.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Classic signs of bad valve stem seals - smoke on take off at the lights or from sitting stationary for a little while, backs of valves look fouled up on visual inspection. If it's smoking under load it'll be piston related.